Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Carolina 73 UCLA 66

Featured Replies

Final North Carolina will take on the St. Peter's Peacocks on Sunday the winner will advance to the Final 4.

The two TV  guys couldn’t hide their enthusiasm for UNC. Got all excited and raised their voices when the Tar Heels scored and not so much when the Bruins scored a basket. I suppose they’re salivating for an eventual Duke-North Carolina matchup in the Final Four. 

8 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I guess UK fans now will root even harder for St. Peters.

Carolina will mop the floor with St. Peters.

17 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I guess UK fans now will root even harder for St. Peters.

Darn tootin’!!

(Inspired by the movie Fargo)

49 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Carolina will mop the floor with St. Peters.

They should.  They seem to have found their stride at the right time.  5th year player/bearded wonder from Oklahoma is the difference maker for them. 

7 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I guess UK fans now will root even harder for St. Peters.

They sure will - there aren’t many options left in the tournament that are palatable for Kentucky fans. And even fewer of those are realistic. It is highly likely either UNC or Duke are going to be in the finals, and it feels increasingly likely it’ll be against Kansas. None of those are good options in my mind. 

8 hours ago, The Professor said:

The two TV  guys couldn’t hide their enthusiasm for UNC. Got all excited and raised their voices when the Tar Heels scored and not so much when the Bruins scored a basket. I suppose they’re salivating for an eventual Duke-North Carolina matchup in the Final Four. 

Exactly. If it falls out that way they know the ratings will be huge....even bigger than expected.

4 hours ago, 9068 said:

Exactly. If it falls out that way they know the ratings will be huge....even bigger than expected.

I won’t be watching. I’ve never watched a Final Four game involving Duke unless Kentucky was the opponent, such as 1978. I listened on the radio to the semifinals game vs Duke in 1966. I’ve only watched one North Carolina FF game, the 2016 game vs Villanova. 
I can’t help myself. I just dislike both those programs. ?I know that’s childish. I can blame some of it on getting old. ?

8 minutes ago, The Professor said:

I won’t be watching. I’ve never watched a Final Four game involving Duke unless Kentucky was the opponent, such as 1978. I listened on the radio to the semifinals game vs Duke in 1966. I’ve only watched one North Carolina FF game, the 2016 game vs Villanova. 
I can’t help myself. I just dislike both those programs. ?I know that’s childish. I can blame some of it on getting old. ?

As my close friends know, I’m the same way with UK in the finals.  Don’t watch ‘em. 

Looking at these two schools here and thinking about Kentucky made me wonder about final four appearances:

UCLA - Last year's appearance broke a 13 year Final Four draught. One FF in the last 10 years.

UNC - Most recent FF was 2017. Two FF in the last 10 years.

Kansas - Most recent FF was 2018. Two FF in the last 10 years.

Duke - Most recent FF was 2015. That is their only FF in the last 10 years.

Kentucky - Most recent FF was also 2015. Four FF in the last 10 years. 

Other schools with more than one FF in the last 10 years: Villanova 2, Gonzaga 2, Louisville 2, U Conn 2, Wisconsin 2, Michigan 2, Michigan St. 2, Syracuse 2. 

Yes, it has been a few years but UK has 4 Final Fours and no one else has more than 2. Perspective for how difficult it is to get to the Final Four.

 

16 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Looking at these two schools here and thinking about Kentucky made me wonder about final four appearances:

UCLA - Last year's appearance broke a 13 year Final Four draught. One FF in the last 10 years.

UNC - Most recent FF was 2017. Two FF in the last 10 years.

Kansas - Most recent FF was 2018. Two FF in the last 10 years.

Duke - Most recent FF was 2015. That is their only FF in the last 10 years.

Kentucky - Most recent FF was also 2015. Four FF in the last 10 years. 

Other schools with more than one FF in the last 10 years: Villanova 2, Gonzaga 2, Louisville 2, U Conn 2, Wisconsin 2, Michigan 2, Michigan St. 2, Syracuse 2. 

Yes, it has been a few years but UK has 4 Final Fours and no one else has more than 2. Perspective for how difficult it is to get to the Final Four.

 

Most casual fans have no idea. As an old coaching friend (recently passed) would say, "It takes a good draw, a good call, and a good bounce of the ball."

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.