Top 4 Teams in the SEC

MJAlltheWay24

If you have watched recently, not hard to understand why they are undefeated either.  I hate LSU and they got hosed last night at Arkansas.  They had over 20 offensive rebounds against the Hogs, still lost.  Referee's are not very kind to the visiting team.  Two of those will not make the sweet 16 and I do not think that it will be the Cats.  I am not sold on any of the other 3.  NCAA is neutral sites, and Doug Shows can not be at every gym 🙂

• Like 2

Why do you think that is @8th Region Warrior?  Do you think officials just get caught up in the raucous caused by the home team's fans?  I mean it can't be that they are instructed to give a more favorable whistle to home team.

I don't feel like being the one to research it, but it would be interesting to see what shooting percentages for the top for teams at home vs on the road, as well as their opponents in both scenarios.

• Like 1

Honestly, they get favorable calls, is it from the crowd influence? Maybe it could be I guess.  All teams generally shoot it better at home, but honestly even Vegas thinks some of these games are going this way even when teams are ranked way ahead of others.  They nailed the spread for UK and Arkansas this past week.  Some of these referee's love being in the spot light at the end and it drives me crazy.  Their ego's are way to big for the moment.  An example I thought Brooks was being held awful on the push off foul, if you do not call the hold, do not call the push off, it had no outcome either way, now could of UK guarded better, rebounded, sure, but that call was Doug "SHOW" me on TV wanting to make a big call, in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 8th Region Warrior said:

Honestly, they get favorable calls, is it from the crowd influence? Maybe it could be I guess.  All teams generally shoot it better at home, but honestly even Vegas thinks some of these games are going this way even when teams are ranked way ahead of others.  They nailed the spread for UK and Arkansas this past week.  Some of these referee's love being in the spot light at the end and it drives me crazy.  Their ego's are way to big for the moment.  An example I thought Brooks was being held awful on the push off foul, if you do not call the hold, do not call the push off, it had no outcome either way, now could of UK guarded better, rebounded, sure, but that call was Doug "SHOW" me on TV wanting to make a big call, in my opinion.

It is amazing how officials get called out for different reasons by people who have no idea about officiating, Doug Shows has worked 20+ years and officiates big games every night during the season, he doesn’t care who the home team is and gets critiques by film and others that assign games in D1 so why would someone think that a crowd or any other distraction would mean a thing to him? Keep on working hard Doug and you do a great job.

2 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

It is amazing how officials get called out for different reasons by people who have no idea about officiating, Doug Shows has worked 20+ years and officiates big games every night during the season, he doesn’t care who the home team is and gets critiques by film and others that assign games in D1 so why would someone think that a crowd or any other distraction would mean a thing to him? Keep on working hard Doug and you do a great job.

I honestly agree with you on this. With that said everything you just said here, shouldn’t you take your own advance in regards to calling out coaching and specifically coach Cal? I mean he has been coaching at the D1 level now for what over 30 years? Taken three teams to final fours. Three title games, won a National Championship and is in the Hall of Fame. So it would seem he would know more than any of us, and has been doing it at a high level for years at different programs and in many different ways. So why is it ok for your to criticize coach Cal but it is a problem if a person criticizes a ref? In both cases the coach and ref have many more years of experience than any of us at doing their job at the highest levels of college basketball. 

12 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I honestly agree with you on this. With that said everything you just said here, shouldn’t you take your own advance in regards to calling out coaching and specifically coach Cal? I mean he has been coaching at the D1 level now for what over 30 years? Taken three teams to final fours. Three title games, won a National Championship and is in the Hall of Fame. So it would seem he would know more than any of us, and has been doing it at a high level for years at different programs and in many different ways. So why is it ok for your to criticize coach Cal but it is a problem if a person criticizes a ref? In both cases the coach and ref have many more years of experience than any of us at doing their job at the highest levels of college basketball. 

Be careful introducing logic to an argument!

• Like 1

How different or similar do the different brands of basketballs feel?

UK uses Nike balls at home, some teams use Wilson, Under Armor, Spalding and not even the same model from a manufacturer. 

This article seems to say the home court advantage is all in the balls.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-different-basketballs-20160225-story.html

Most college teams prepare for the difference. In the week before a road game, USC and UCLA practice only with their opponent’s model.

“It might not seem like a whole lot, but when you’re a shooter, when you’re a guy who has the ball in their hands a lot, it’s difficult to get into a rhythm when you’re switching balls every other game,” UCLA point guard Bryce Alford said.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Yes. The second tiebreaker after head to head is record against the #1 seed.

I dont have a better suggestion, but not sure I like that when one team plays them on the road and the other at home.

But it doesn't really make a difference, just thought it was an interesting way to do it.

• Like 1