Kentucky 77 Vanderbilt 70

16thBBall Fan

38 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

If I saw that right, Cal and UK left the floor without shaking hands with Vanderbilt.  I think Cal felt like Vanderbilt played cheap shot and thuggery basketball all night in this game.

I noticed the same thing! Some of the UK coaches stopped the players from going to shake hands.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

If I saw that right, Cal and UK left the floor without shaking hands with Vanderbilt.  I think Cal felt like Vanderbilt played cheap shot and thuggery basketball all night in this game.

I saw both coaches not looking to exchange handshake/hugs afterwards but don't mind it. Why sort it out there and have words????

Perhaps no handshake was a non issue? Or is this a smokescreen? I guess we'll find out after the next game. Here is Cal's quote after the game:

Coach Cal ....

No, no, what happened, I'm looking around the country, and many coaches are just doing what they do in the NBA, which I did. I acknowledged him.

But I got worried after the last game. Did you see what happened to one of the Kansas players after the last game? What? What happened? The guy has COVID. He has COVID. Basically he played with COVID.

And now I'm saying, I'm not sure we should shake hands. Give us another two weeks. The stuff we're doing with you, Zooming, it's perfect. I don't need to be in everybody's company.

It's the same thing with, I think, South Carolina and Mississippi State. I saw those two coaches – great guys, both of them – they gave the peace sign and left. They told the team that we don't need that right now. But no, that was nothing.

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Perhaps no handshake was a non issue? Or is this a smokescreen? I guess we'll find out after the next game. Here is Cal's quote after the game:

Coach Cal ....

No, no, what happened, I'm looking around the country, and many coaches are just doing what they do in the NBA, which I did. I acknowledged him.

But I got worried after the last game. Did you see what happened to one of the Kansas players after the last game? What? What happened? The guy has COVID. He has COVID. Basically he played with COVID.

And now I'm saying, I'm not sure we should shake hands. Give us another two weeks. The stuff we're doing with you, Zooming, it's perfect. I don't need to be in everybody's company.

It's the same thing with, I think, South Carolina and Mississippi State. I saw those two coaches – great guys, both of them – they gave the peace sign and left. They told the team that we don't need that right now. But no, that was nothing.

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

12 hours ago, dragon_slayer said:

I noticed the same thing! Some of the UK coaches stopped the players from going to shake hands.

10 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

I saw both coaches not looking to exchange handshake/hugs afterwards but don't mind it. Why sort it out there and have words????

3 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Not much class shown by Cal and the Cats tonight.

The same thing happened last week after the Mississippi State game. Both teams didn’t shake hands. I think it is more predetermined before the game between the coaches right now on what they want to do because of covid. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

He's not wrong. Kansas best player didn't play on Tuesday because of COVID.

• Like 1