Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 77 Vanderbilt 70

Featured Replies

18 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

If I saw that right, Cal and UK left the floor without shaking hands with Vanderbilt.  I think Cal felt like Vanderbilt played cheap shot and thuggery basketball all night in this game.

And he was right feeling that way. 

Saying that Vanderbilt plays cheap shot and thuggery basketball is very amusing to me, really doubt that happened last night, I watched the entire game and really doubt that will ever happen at Vanderbilt. Just because Cal says it happened doesn’t mean very much at all.

5 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Saying that Vanderbilt plays cheap shot and thuggery basketball is very amusing to me, really doubt that happened last night, I watched the entire game and really doubt that will ever happen at Vanderbilt. Just because Cal says it happened doesn’t mean very much at all.

Did Cal say Vanderbilt took a bunch of cheapshots or played thuggery basketball? I didnt see those quotes on anything I follow, so I must have missed it. Saw where he talked about it being a physical game and how his players basically had to suck it up and beat opponents to spots on the floor and not get pushed around. Didnt see him say anything about Vandy throwing cheap shots or being thugs.

Can anyone share where he was quoted as saying those things?

16 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Saying that Vanderbilt plays cheap shot and thuggery basketball is very amusing to me, really doubt that happened last night, I watched the entire game and really doubt that will ever happen at Vanderbilt. Just because Cal says it happened doesn’t mean very much at all.

I am disappointed in you. I disagree with you a lot and you appear to have a personal grudge against Cal. But I also think you know your basketball. If you watched that game and did not see thuggery, you have jumped the shark on being able to objectively watch and comment on UK. I saw cheap shot elbows thrown away from plays. I saw Vandy players dangerously undercutting UK players while 'boxing out". Vandy sent a wrestling team and Pippen to Rupp for that game.

I saw a Vandy team playing their guts out to beat Ky, once again Vandy has never been nor will be a cheap shot team as the coach and administrators would not tolerate that behavior. Aggressive play and cheap shots are two totally different animals.

50 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

I saw a Vandy team playing their guts out to beat Ky, once again Vandy has never been nor will be a cheap shot team as the coach and administrators would not tolerate that behavior. Aggressive play and cheap shots are two totally different animals.

Did you see the play where a Vandy player threw an elbow at Oscar near the top of the circle as Oscar was passing by? The officials stopped play to look at it on the monitor.

Multiple times in the game I saw Vandy players not just boxing out but pushing back and undercutting UK players to the extent the UK player's feet were lifted off the ground they were being undercut so severely.

Those are cheap shots and outside the rules. The officials in this game were MIA and lost control of the action.

19 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Did you see the play where a Vandy player threw an elbow at Oscar near the top of the circle as Oscar was passing by? The officials stopped play to look at it on the monitor.

Multiple times in the game I saw Vandy players not just boxing out but pushing back and undercutting UK players to the extent the UK player's feet were lifted off the ground they were being undercut so severely.

Those are cheap shots and outside the rules. The officials in this game were MIA and lost control of the action.

Looking back over my replay of the game I can see a couple plays where there was excessive physicality by Vandy, didn’t really see those in live time, I think that was Vandy’s way of leveling the playing floor with Ky. My bad VofR.

13 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Did Cal say Vanderbilt took a bunch of cheapshots or played thuggery basketball? I didnt see those quotes on anything I follow, so I must have missed it. Saw where he talked about it being a physical game and how his players basically had to suck it up and beat opponents to spots on the floor and not get pushed around. Didnt see him say anything about Vandy throwing cheap shots or being thugs.

Can anyone share where he was quoted as saying those things?

I guess its safe to say that Cal didn't say those things then.

1 hour ago, nikeman49 said:

Looking back over my replay of the game I can see a couple plays where there was excessive physicality by Vandy, didn’t really see those in live time, I think that was Vandy’s way of leveling the playing floor with Ky. My bad VofR.

I appreciate that.

I'm just glad no players were injured. I put it on the officials. They cannot let players get away with that stuff because it will continue to escalate.

The forearm/elbow to Tshiebwe towards the top of the key when he was just running down the court annoyed me the most probably.  It's one thing to do that when a guy is cutting through the lane or as you're fighting through a screen or something, but it's just dumb to allow it where it occured.

Officially definitely took any and all rhythm out of that game.  I don't think they really favored Vandy or anything, they just let it get a little too chippy.

I was annoyed by two times Pippin clearly shoved players down on his way to the the basket and the officials whistled TyTy for a foul on one of them and I don’t recall who the other UK player was. Really don’t see how a ref could get those calls that wrong. Of course when they review the game tape and see it they’re going to definitely see it. 

On 2/3/2022 at 4:33 PM, nikeman49 said:

Saying that Vanderbilt plays cheap shot and thuggery basketball is very amusing to me, really doubt that happened last night, I watched the entire game and really doubt that will ever happen at Vanderbilt. Just because Cal says it happened doesn’t mean very much at all.

Why do you watch Kentucky basketball? You clearly do not enjoy anything about Kentucky basketball under Cal, why put yourself through the torment of seeing them do well?

43 minutes ago, Tones said:

Why do you watch Kentucky basketball? You clearly do not enjoy anything about Kentucky basketball under Cal, why put yourself through the torment of seeing them do well?

Gotta keep us on our toes and keep our threads interesting!

12 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I am disappointed in you. I disagree with you a lot and you appear to have a personal grudge against Cal. But I also think you know your basketball. If you watched that game and did not see thuggery, you have jumped the shark on being able to objectively watch and comment on UK. I saw cheap shot elbows thrown away from plays. I saw Vandy players dangerously undercutting UK players while 'boxing out". Vandy sent a wrestling team and Pippen to Rupp for that game.

Don’t waste your time feeding the trolls my man…

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.