Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New coach at Harlan County?

Featured Replies

I am through arguing with someone who just wants to stir up trouble. I have had my good laugh at the things that have been posted by Waggle 12. This thread is supposed to be about the new Harlan County football coach and nothing more NOT personal attacks against the superintendent of Harlan County Schools.

  • Replies 161
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whyme/Waggle/The Brain.... next pay per view....

I think that this should be a cage match with chairs chains and whips. I am pretty sure that I could permote this one and we could split the profits with the Cawood football boosters. Now that it community sprit at its best.

Maybe a special guest appearance by The Blade...or maybe he could take on the winner.

For the sake of my personel well-being, I would hope that that Blade did stay in retirement. That is way too much for the likes of a common man to handle

And Mountain..........with your ideas, I'm sure it could be a match ranking up there with the "bloodletters" Dusty Rhodes and the Nature Boy used to have back in the day

How old is Coach Saylor? How long since he coached? I remember him as being a very fine coach but that has been a while.

I don't know how old but you remember correct very good coach.

Took Cumb. to state finals 2x

Had Pineville on the road to the big show and got took at Pikeville.

Had a great shot of going along way the year he decided to leave pineville,

he left alot of Talented kids by opting to go to his home school i think around 89. Had several good teams at cawood before hanging it up.

Lungbuster, watch what you say good about Tim. Waggle 12 will be after you next.

I'm not to impressed by an individual who would attack someone

hiding behind a screen name and question their integrity.

I saw were Harlan Ind had money problems, something about they couldn't even hire someone to watch the office in the elem. Hey, i see all across the state were districts are pushed to the limits as far as funding goes. Maybe we shouldn't even have those type administrators according to waggle 12, we could just let the systems run themselves. As far as his other comments, it's easy to see that somehow or someway their paths have crossed and he didn't like the outcome. we need to stay on the original topic!

I heard today that Mark Woolum was very interested in the job. Mark is a head coach somewhere down in Florida where he has had some very successful years. Granted Harlan County does not have the athletes Florida high schools have. How would someone like Woolum fit in?

I'm not to impressed by an individual who would attack someone

hiding behind a screen name and question their integrity.

I saw were Harlan Ind had money problems, something about they couldn't even hire someone to watch the office in the elem. Hey, i see all across the state were districts are pushed to the limits as far as funding goes. Maybe we shouldn't even have those type administrators according to waggle 12, we could just let the systems run themselves. As far as his other comments, it's easy to see that somehow or someway their paths have crossed and he didn't like the outcome. we need to stay on the original topic!

 

I'm all about going back to home schooling actually...

Add pure anarchy to that list as well. I guess I hate all forms of government...

Also, if you are going to say that I am attacking someone while "hiding behind a screen name," I think that you just did the same...

Now, let's get back on topic for good...

 

I think Tim Saylor was a great coach and I never said that he wasn't. Anyone who did what he did, as a coach, deserves consideration for this job. However, I doubt that it will happen just because I think that he has been out of the coaching ring for too long. I am like some others in this thread who believe that the only Saylor who will ever coach at the new school will be his son Jacob, and that will be sometime down the road.

I don't know alot about Mark but if he is in Florida having success why would he be interested in Harlan County. I'm not doubting you whyme, but could this just be another rumor.

I liked the coach who was at south laurel before chappel. Can't think of his name but thought he did an exceptional job down there.

Lungbuster, from what I am gathering is that he would like to move his family back closer to home. He is from Pineville and with his mom and dad getting up in age and having children that I am sure Dr. Woolum would like to see more often, that job could be very tempting to him.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.