Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New coach at Harlan County?

Featured Replies

I have to agree with Pappy on this one, I think Tim Saylor will end of as head coach of the Bears but maybe not right away. I'm hearing former Cawood coach Frank Smith could be the first head coach of the Bears.

  • Replies 161
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be out of the loop these days. I don't think Tim Saylor or Frank Smith will be the coach of the Bears.

I am still trying to figure out how Tim will be the head coach and the superintendent, now that would take some talent. They will hire a coach I am sure after this football season and Saylor has at least 2 more years on his contract as super. There is no way Frank Smith will be the new coach. If he can't coach Cawood then how in the world is going to coach Harlan County.

I am still trying to figure out how Tim will be the head coach and the superintendent, now that would take some talent. They will hire a coach I am sure after this football season and Saylor has at least 2 more years on his contract as super. There is no way Frank Smith will be the new coach. If he can't coach Cawood then how in the world is going to coach Harlan County.

OK, here is how it could happen: This is a fantasy now, so don't get all tore up. Summer of 2008, no site based council yet appointed for new high school. In absence of site based council, Superintendent appoints Coach. Saylor resigns as Superintendent, handing over reigns to handpicked successor, who appoints him head Coach. Again, pure crazy fantasy, or is it?

Neither Tim Saylor or Frank Smith will be the head coach of Harlan County High School. The only Saylor that will be on the coaching staff is Tim's son, Jacob. I do not know where all of this information has originated from, but apparently many people are speaking opinions rather than facts. I have spoken with people close to the program, and they say it will not be Saylor, and definitely not Smith.

 

Personally, I would love to see Saylor take over the program. He knows football as well as anyone I know. He would bring knowledge, and most importanly experience. But, as bad as I would like to see him out there, he won't be.

OK, here is how it could happen: This is a fantasy now, so don't get all tore up. Summer of 2008, no site based council yet appointed for new high school. In absence of site based council, Superintendent appoints Coach. Saylor resigns as Superintendent, handing over reigns to handpicked successor, who appoints him head Coach. Again, pure crazy fantasy, or is it?

 

 

The present Harlan County Board employs the second largest staff in the Kentucky school system. I'm sure some duties could be "delegated" to others if in fact Mr. Saylor wanted to get his feet wet in the new program:lol:

Neither Tim Saylor or Frank Smith will be the head coach of Harlan County High School. The only Saylor that will be on the coaching staff is Tim's son, Jacob. I do not know where all of this information has originated from, but apparently many people are speaking opinions rather than facts. I have spoken with people close to the program, and they say it will not be Saylor, and definitely not Smith.

 

Personally, I would love to see Saylor take over the program. He knows football as well as anyone I know. He would bring knowledge, and most importanly experience. But, as bad as I would like to see him out there, he won't be.

:devil: Well, that settles that fellow posters! No need for further discussion. CBP has all the answers. Sheesh!

The present Harlan County Board employs the second largest staff in the Kentucky school system. I'm sure some duties could be "delegated" to others if in fact Mr. Saylor wanted to get his feet wet in the new program:lol:

As far as that goes, you could go way deep into that staff and not come up with a Mr. Saylor, one way or the other, if you take my meaning!:D

Perhaps not; but maybe you could find an overstaffed system that exceeds its annual budget:lol: :lol:

I don't understand your meaning there DragonPappy. Explain what you mean by "going deep into that staff and not come up with a Mr. Saylor, one way or the other."

I don't understand your meaning there DragonPappy. Explain what you mean by "going deep into that staff and not come up with a Mr. Saylor, one way or the other."

I think I'll get back to football, I'll leave it to your imagination.

:devil: Well, that settles that fellow posters! No need for further discussion. CBP has all the answers. Sheesh!

 

I was just stating what EVERYONE I have talked with says. I, myself, thought that Saylor would be the new coach, so I asked around. People very close to him have said he isn't going to do it.

 

By the way, there is no need for your sarcasm. It is not entertaining.

"The Brain", I just wanted to clarify things about the hiring of the Cawood football coach. I am almost certain that anything that is considered extra at a school does not have to be posted, it is called extra service pay. If there had been a teaching position to be hired then you would have had to post it for 30 days. Then they could have got an emergency hiring since it was in the middle of the year and a lot of times the state will even wave that 30 days on a teaching position also. So the answer is NO they did not have to post the job for 30 days.

I was just stating what EVERYONE I have talked with says. I, myself, thought that Saylor would be the new coach, so I asked around. People very close to him have said he isn't going to do it.

 

By the way, there is no need for your sarcasm. It is not entertaining.

;) you need to look at your big "get a grip" post CBP, when criticizing my sarcasm. Perhaps if you hadn't been so "in your face" in that posting, I wouldn't have reacted with dripping sarcasm. You have posted some thoughtful postings. I suggest you continue that trend. I'm also sorry you were not entertained.

I was just stating what EVERYONE I have talked with says. I, myself, thought that Saylor would be the new coach, so I asked around. People very close to him have said he isn't going to do it.

 

By the way, there is no need for your sarcasm. It is not entertaining.

 

Just a life lesson here Cawoodball player… I understand that you have some sources in the county system and that you truly don't believe that Timmy will be the coach at HCHS. I personally don't care... BUT I will tell you this; if you take people for their word (especially in athletics) you will be disappointed nine times out of ten. One needs to look no further for an example of this than the SEC's very own Nick Saban. I respect your opinion and I tend to agree with you on this topic. However, I think that these people in this thread have some valid points as to why they think Timmy will become the first coach at HCHS. After all, it would be a good way for him to redeem his failure in management financially by establishing a good base for the schools athletic program.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.