Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New coach at Harlan County?

Featured Replies

Waggle 12, those are some awful strong words coming from someone who has no idea what Tim Saylor has done for the Harlan County district. He was not the one who agreed to the City/County contract it was the board members, I think he was the one who begged them not to do it. He was not the one who voted to make the student to teacher ratio lower, that was done by the board. I think he was the one who warned the board that if they did this that teachers would be cut.

 

He was not the one who voted not to raise the taxes some so that the district could meet its demands. That was done by the board against the recommendation by the assistant superintendent that if it was not met then there would be cuts. I don't know what you have against Tim for you to take personal attacks against him, but that was pretty low.

  • Replies 161
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While he may not have voted for these contracts, he really didn't vote against them did he? And with the student to teacher ratio, do you mean teacher-student ratio? Because if the student/teacher ratio was voted to be lower, would that not suggest the hiring of more educators? Wouldn't raising taxes help the school system? I have forgotten, maybe someone can refresh my memory: how much exactly were the actual numbers on the tax increase? Whyme, maybe you can clarify that for me. As to your post, I think I know what you meant, but misunderstood what you said.

The Brain, just in case you didn't know a superintendent can't vote, so therefore he was not able to vote but strongly urged the board not to vote for the contract. Yes, I did mean teacher/student ratio. Yes raising taxes would help the school system and that is what I said. "He was not the one who voted NOT to raises the taxes". Check my last post. Maybe I could have worded that a little different but it is what I meant.

Yes, I'm aware that the superintendent cannot place a vote. I was defending the schoolboard's position to increase the taxes in my comments. The issue of urging to me carries little weight in regards to concrete actions or votes, so I won't argue that.

Just a life lesson here Cawoodball player… I understand that you have some sources in the county system and that you truly don't believe that Timmy will be the coach at HCHS. I personally don't care... BUT I will tell you this; if you take people for their word (especially in athletics) you will be disappointed nine times out of ten. One needs to look no further for an example of this than the SEC's very own Nick Saban. I respect your opinion and I tend to agree with you on this topic. However, I think that these people in this thread have some valid points as to why they think Timmy will become the first coach at HCHS. After all, it would be a good way for him to redeem his failure in management financially by establishing a good base for the schools athletic program.

 

 

I have learned to never say never. So, let's just say that I don't think the chances are very good that Mr. Saylor will be the coach.

 

I apologize if my posts have been a tad abrupt. However, I don't feel I'm the only person at fault.

They voted not to increase taxes.

Waggle 12, those are some awful strong words coming from someone who has no idea what Tim Saylor has done for the Harlan County district. He was not the one who agreed to the City/County contract it was the board members, I think he was the one who begged them not to do it. He was not the one who voted to make the student to teacher ratio lower, that was done by the board. I think he was the one who warned the board that if they did this that teachers would be cut.

 

He was not the one who voted not to raise the taxes some so that the district could meet its demands. That was done by the board against the recommendation by the assistant superintendent that if it was not met then there would be cuts. I don't know what you have against Tim for you to take personal attacks against him, but that was pretty low.

 

First of all, I may not know all there is to know about Tim and I don't care if I ever do. I only see him when he is jogging on the side of the road and I hear him on the radio once in a blue moon. What I do know a lot about (which your reply tells me that you don't) is leadership. If Timmy is in charge of the school district, he is responsible for everything that it does/doesn't do. That means if some how Cawood wins a state football title, Tim would be seen by many as being responsible for the district’s hiring of Eric Perry. However, that also means that he is responsible for not only the horrible financial record that the district has, but also its bottom of the barrel test scores. For you to come out and tell me that I have a personal vendetta against him shows that you not only have no idea what you are talking about, but that you are also looking for an argument. Maybe what I said was out of line a bit, but it was also a statement of fact. Tim has been in his position long enough now to fix many of the schools financial problems if he truly wanted to. I am not saying that he wants the school system to go broke but I am saying that the blame should fall on the head of the organization and not necessarily the board. If he was such a good leader he would have been able to convince the members of his views and then stopped the non-resident contract with Harlan from passing. He would also do more to crack down on the district's massive problem with truancy (believe it or not, that costs a load of money too). Obviously that isn't the boards fault and Tim could have done a lot more to fix it. So if you want to blame the financial situation in the county on the board's passing of the contract with Harlan... remember that there is a reason that a larger percentage of kids from the county choose to go to the city schools than visa versa. Just a thought....

I have learned to never say never. So, let's just say that I don't think the chances are very good that Mr. Saylor will be the coach.

 

I apologize if my posts have been a tad abrupt. However, I don't feel I'm the only person at fault.

 

I agree. Nothing never/always happens....

LOL, Waggle 12, it is obvious that you do have a personal vendetta against Tim and I know why but bluegrasspreps is not the time or the place to discuss it. This thread was supposed to be about who will get the head coaching job at the new school not personal attacks against Tim Saylor and the school district. So, lets get back to the topic.

Does anyone think there are other candidates besides Tim Saylor? We have discussed Mr. Saylor extensively, but who else has a shot at the job?

LOL, Waggle 12, it is obvious that you do have a personal vendetta against Tim and I know why but bluegrasspreps is not the time or the place to discuss it. This thread was supposed to be about who will get the head coaching job at the new school not personal attacks against Tim Saylor and the school district. So, lets get back to the topic.

 

For the record you should check your terminology. Mine isn't a PERSONAL vendetta, it is a professional one. Big difference there stud. Personal would be against him as a person, professional is against his work...

Waggle 12:

 

Thanks for the compliment. I have never thought of myself of being a stud but coming from a guy like you is a real privelegde. You are cracking me up on your talk about Tim and the Harlan County School System. Since you are a Harlan Alum then I think you need to just make you up a thread about Harlan and you can sit and talk on it with whoever you want. But, if you are going to sit on this thread and bash people with cheap shots that has nothing to do with the thread just because you have a PERSONAL vendetta against Tim then that is fine too but you are just showing your ignorance about this whole situation and topic.

Waggle 12:

 

Thanks for the compliment. I have never thought of myself of being a stud but coming from a guy like you is a real privelegde. You are cracking me up on your talk about Tim and the Harlan County School System. Since you are a Harlan Alum then I think you need to just make you up a thread about Harlan and you can sit and talk on it with whoever you want. But, if you are going to sit on this thread and bash people with cheap shots that has nothing to do with the thread just because you have a PERSONAL vendetta against Tim then that is fine too but you are just showing your ignorance about this whole situation and topic.

 

Definitely ignorant... and you are telling me not to make PERSONAL attacks... okay that makes a lot of sense...

The next time I see whyme, I'm going to call Waggle_12 and we all 3 can have a big group hug.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.