3 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Wow, Coach Kirk's men delivered quite a blow on the road....thought this one would have been a little closer.  Not sure why.

Congrats to BK and the Royals.

Mason jumped out early to a nice lead, about midway in the third quarter Ryle had cut the lead to 11/12 points.  From that point Mason run off and hid.  Ryle went to the bench at the 6 minute mark left in the game.

• Thanks 1

This is a butt whipping and seems to happen quite a bit when Ryle isn't playing the small school part of their schedule. 9-13 last year. I really hoped things would improve at Ryle with a new staff. 

3 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

This is a butt whipping and seems to happen quite a bit when Ryle isn't playing the small school part of their schedule. 9-13 last year. I really hoped things would improve at Ryle with a new staff. 

It's not the staff, it's the pool they have to select from.  It's been that way for years.

Balanced scoring from Mason County in this one. Nate Mitchell with 17, Philip Bierley with 14 and 9, Terrell Henry with a dozen and a whole bunch more cracking the scoring column. 

1 hour ago, 4 Quarters said:

It's not the staff, it's the pool they have to select from.  It's been that way for years.

Curious about this comment.  What's the difference in the player pool?  I think Ryle is bigger than Cooper, Conner, Beechwood, Highlands, and several other teams that have had periods of success.   What's the major difference in talent pool?

On 1/5/2022 at 4:04 PM, Hoopoop said:

Curious about this comment.  What's the difference in the player pool?  I think Ryle is bigger than Cooper, Conner, Beechwood, Highlands, and several other teams that have had periods of success.   What's the major difference in talent pool?

Boone has open enrollment, most kids going to Ryle lean football. Connor and Cooper get most of the basketball players, been that way for a little bit now. There is so many options in NKY, the player they are getting compared to most other big schools isn’t on par. Demographics throughout the state allow many of the county and other big schools to get all the athletes in their area

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 1/5/2022 at 4:04 PM, Hoopoop said:

Gobucks97 explained it very  well.

57 minutes ago, GoBucks97 said:

Boone has open enrollment, most kids going to Ryle lean football. Connor and Cooper get most of the basketball players, been that way for a little bit now. There is so many options in NKY, the player they are getting compared to most other big schools isn’t on par. Demographics throughout the state allow many of the county and other big schools to get all the athletes in their area

When did Boone go to open enrollment?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GoBucks97 said:

Thank for the info. I didn't know the Boone county schools allowed that. 

1 hour ago, GoBucks97 said:

Boone County does not have open enrollment, its based on districts if you live within that district that is the school you're required to go to.

1 hour ago, tcs7 said:

Boone County does not have open enrollment, its based on districts if you live within that district that is the school you're required to go to.

It's supposed to be that way, but there has been kids find away around that.  No names to be mentioned.

11 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

It's supposed to be that way, but there has been kids find away around that.  No names to be mentioned.

What's the alignment supposed to be?  Seems like Conner MS should go to Conner HS, Ballyshannon to Cooper, and Grey to Ryle.  Where does that put the Ockerman kids, and Camp Ernst?  I think Ockerman used to be mostly Boone, but some went other places depending on geography or choice.  I think Camp Ernst went to mostly Cooper, but that was before Ballyshannon existed.