Ballard 74 Lexington Catholic 65

7 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

Respectfully, not sold on Ballard as #1. Good team and great athletes, but they should have put away LC sooner. I’ll take N. Laurel and/ or Cov Cath as my #1. My opinion only folks. 

CovCath makes a good argument for #1 for sure.  I think North Laurel loses to GRC tonight.  I’m here so we’ll see I guess.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

Respectfully, not sold on Ballard as #1. Good team and great athletes, but they should have put away LC sooner. I’ll take N. Laurel and/ or Cov Cath as my #1. My opinion only folks. 

I think if Ballard wins this tournament then they are #1. If they don't, then I think Cov Cath should be #1.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I think if Ballard wins this tournament then they are #1. If they don't, then I think Cov Cath should be #1.

Even with a Ballard win, CCH won a tougher tournament(KOB). And just played an amazing game against the 41st Ranked team in the country, with 3-4 potential power 5 players. Game coulda went either way! On paper I see why everyone is talking about Ballard but CCH has been the most impressive so far this year to me.

1 hour ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

North Laurel should have lost last night to PRP.  PRP beat themselves down the stretch of the 4th quarter by poor ball control (plus free throws throughout the game).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

North Laurel won’t make it out of their region. 

9 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Rankings don't matter except for message board fodder, but GRC is #1 in my book if they beat Ballard.  And that's not out of the realm of possibility. 

What kind of size does GRC have? Just curious how they’d matchup with the size of Ballard, CCH or Male. 

8 minutes ago, GoBucks97 said:

What kind of size does GRC have? Just curious how they’d matchup with the size of Ballard, CCH or Male. 

Pretty decent size with Trent Edwards at around 6'6" or 6'7".  He's their #2 scorer and leading rebounder.  Smothers has some size off the bench.

Definitely a guard oriented team with Morton, Slone, & Walton.  They get after it defensively. 

• Like 1