• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, bulldog77 said:

Job is now listed on both their website and the KHSAA site.

I'm sure a lot goes into this process that the general public doesn't know about, but it stinks it took 3 weeks to get posted. I know Bellevue may not be pulling the candidates that SK, Campbell Co., etc are but I would think they would want it out as early as possible before the candidate pool drained at all. 

With this said, who are some of the top assistants around that may look at this as a great starting point job with great tradition? Any impressive freshmen/JV coaches? 

5 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I'm sure a lot goes into this process that the general public doesn't know about, but it stinks it took 3 weeks to get posted. I know Bellevue may not be pulling the candidates that SK, Campbell Co., etc are but I would think they would want it out as early as possible before the candidate pool drained at all. 

With this said, who are some of the top assistants around that may look at this as a great starting point job with great tradition? Any impressive freshmen/JV coaches? 

I believe the job was officially posted on the Bellevue site last week. So it probably got posted as soon as they got back from Christmas break last week. 

• Like 1
Just now, futurecoach said:

I believe the job was officially posted on the Bellevue site last week. So it probably got posted as soon as they got back from Christmas break last week. 

Good call! I didn't think of the Christmas break being factored in there. That does change things a bit. 

I think Chad Montgomery lives near his job out in Boone Co. It also appears that he really enjoys dad time, so I doubt he would make a return, but being an alum and one with head coaching experience I'd at least make the call. 

I'd also try to find Joe Wynn (and I know this is an absolute long shot right now) out to eat one day and talk his ear off on how awful a drive down the double A is. He is a young up and coming coach that I think would latch on to the history and tradition at Bellevue as well as understand the importance of "the paddle." Again, I know he'd be a long shot candidate but it's worth a shot initially IMO. I see no reason to think he sticks for the long haul at Mason Co. so might as well try. He'd be a big time hire. 

• Like 2