2007 UK football Sched. and Predict.

NEXT

Say what...?

I've looked all over this thread and still don't see WHO UK paid to become bowl eligible.

Even if they did come up with a bowl favorable schedule, what's wrong with that? I still don't see how they "bought" their way into a bowl game.

They pay teams like CMU, ULM, Texas State, etc....to come and play,

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brohm's "real games."

UK - 19/31 - 254yrds - 1 td

WV - 19/26 - 354yrds - 1 td

Rutgers - 13/27 - 163yrds -1 td - 1 int

Brohm's Stat Padders.

1,309yrds

10 TDS

3 INTS

AGAINST - Temple, Cincinnati, Pitt, and UCONN.

Did you forget his thrashing of Miami in one half? And USF?

Then why aren't we seeing Woodson projected as a high draft pick this year. If it was true then

I get your point, but, here's some things to ponder about the projected high draft staus variance:

1) Woodson didn't come out of HS with the accolades Brohm did, hence, Brohm has been getting looks alot longer...

2) Until this year, Woodson was a virtual unknown, but, is getting more and more attention every day and I'm sure scouts would like to see another season of development before jumping on full bore...

3) Tim Couch was also thought to be a so called #1 draft pick and look how he turned out, whereas, lets say Joe Montana, who was a 6th round pick, how he turned out. Bottom-line, scouts are not always right...

4) Louisville has been a Top 10 TEAM all year, so, naturally, they are in the limelight more, hence, Brohm is seen more...

IMO, Brohm, at this point in his career, is slightly better than Woodson. I know alot of folks feel Brohm is head and shoulders better, but, I just don't see it...I've seen both play several games this year and I will give Brian an edge, but, thats about it.. I feel they are both very accurate passers, neither are real nimble afoot, both have about equal size, Brohm gets the edge on audibles and leadership ability and I'd give Woodson a slight edge in arm strength...I know statistics don't tell the whole story, but, UK did play a tougher schedule, had a weak running game, therefore, teams game planned against the pass and UK had less "go to" offensive weapons. Even with this, Woodsons stats were considerably better. I think if Woodson has another year next year like he's had this year, then, he could well be a top 10 pick himself. I see Brian being a top 10 pick this year, so, I guess only time will tell...

They pay teams like CMU, ULM, Texas State, etc....to come and play,

Yeah I guess they should have just played all road games so they wouldn't have to 'pay' anyone. It's a shame they spent all of that money to get a bowl win, when they could have just played every game on the road. That's the logical thing to do. :sssh:

One half...

He had 181 yards and one touchdown. That isn't impressive against a team that was down the most it has been in over ten years.

# 6 ranked defense and he was 10/14 for 181 in one half... I'd say that counts, rather well, regardless of what they did as a team.

Yeah I guess they should have just played all road games so they wouldn't have to 'pay' anyone. It's a shame they spent all of that money to get a bowl win, when they could have just played every game on the road. That's the logical thing to do. :sssh:

You don't get it, never mind....hopefully for your sake, we won't rehash this conversation if they don't make a bowl next season, when their schedule is actually upgraded, congrats.

I'm looking at 6-6, and hoping for 7-5. You have to realize that UK's home schedule is brutal with UL, Tenn, LSU, Florida. They are much better off playing them on the road and getting the very winnable games at home instead of on the road.

As for Brohm and Woodson, I think Rockpride is right on the money saying both are great. I take exception to the comments that Woodson padded his stats against a bought schedule. If UK played in a lesser conference then I could see it but when you play UL, UT, Florida, LSU all on the road then that arguement is silly.

What about the other 2 games?

They're buying their way out of those as stated earlier in the thread. UK is currently negotiating a contract with the NCAA to award them 2 wins towards bowl eligibility, for an undisclosed amount of money. Apparently the same was done this year, however the games still had to be played. From what I hear, the NCAA is allowing UK to just pay them the cash up front next year, so there is no need to fill the schedule. :sssh: