Dave Schabell Celebrates 20th Season As Bishop Brossart Radio Play-by-play

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Bishop Brossart Fans
    • All NKY Basketball Fans

I wanted to give a huge shout out to Dave Schabell who blazed the trail for all of us in the internet radio business 19 years ago on December 6th.  What a coincidence his first broadcast and 20th season anniversary were both broadcasted from Pendleton County High School and both wins.  We all owe so much to Dave who was the first to broadcast in NKY as a full time internet radio announcer.  Personally I owe everything to Dave as he trained me.  After CovCath made it to the state semi-finals in 2004, Head Coach Mike Listerman realized how important it was to bring high school games to fans all over the world and Dave Schabell was doing that for Mustang Nation for 2 years prior.  Thousands of broadcasts and a Single A Boys Championship later, schools all over NKY are streaming games online.  Here's to 20 more seasons Dave!!!  Everyone please join me in a HUGE congratulations!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Dave came to Augusta and shared his knowledge with us when we started broadcasting 11 seasons ago. By his own admission he told us he was a little “rough around the edges” and I think that’s what makes him so good at what he does. Always a pleasure to listen to him because no one enjoys their job more than Dave!! Congrats on 20 years! Here’s to 20 more!!

• Like 4

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums (i.e. bet, over/under, spread, parlay, chips, line, odds). All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.