Duke’s Michael Savarino & Paulo Banchero arrested

Just now, PurplePride92 said:

Apparently aiding and abetting a DWI is knowingly riding with someone who has been drinking.  

Seems like a revenue generator to me... But most offenses do. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

So Banchero was sober riding around with a drunk kid ?

All I know so far is that Banchero was released at the site.  There is speculation that it was Banchero’s car that they were in.  

Both are also underage so they would get a DWI charge even if they blew a .02.  

50 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Aiding and abetting in a DWI? That's a new one...

46 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

Apparently aiding and abetting a DWI is knowingly riding with someone who has been drinking.  

45 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Seems like a revenue generator to me... But most offenses do. 

I don't like that charge at all, seems draconian to me. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

All I know so far is that Banchero was released at the site.  There is speculation that it was Banchero’s car that they were in.  

In my experience (I can only speak to Kentucky) the only reason it is .02 and not .00 is to eliminate any possible defenses like the mouth wash defense.  In other words, the spirit of the law is no alcohol is allowed in your system for anyone under age. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, PurplePride92 said:

If Banchero was let go at the site, he must have been sober. I assumed he had also been drinking or maybe didn’t have his driver’s license.

That seems incredibly stupid. Kids will be kids I suppose. Glad no one was hurt.

One thing I should add about passengers, one prosecutor I worked with wanted us to arrest any drunk passengers when we made a DUI arrest because if you don't then those same drunks come to court and claim the driver was fine/not drunk/etc.  It is a little of a catch-22.