SMU at Cincinnati Predictions/Updates

Cincinnati can clinch a spot in the AAC Championship game against Houston with a win. 

Bearcats open as a 13 point favorite for Saturday's 3:30 kickoff on ESPN. 

Hoping UC is healthy and at full strength. Jerome Ford and starting center Jake Renfro didn't play against South Florida. Starting OLB Ty Van Fossen and safety Bryan Cook also left early in the 2nd half with injuries and didn't return.

• Thanks 1
On 11/15/2021 at 8:29 AM, Walter said:

Cincinnati can clinch a spot in the AAC Championship game against Houston with a win. 

Bearcats open as a 13 point favorite for Saturday's 3:30 kickoff on ESPN. 

Hoping UC is healthy and at full strength. Jerome Ford and starting center Jake Renfro didn't play against South Florida. Starting OLB Ty Van Fossen and safety Bryan Cook also left early in the 2nd half with injuries and didn't return.

Any injury updates?

14 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Tougher game than most think:

Cinn 35

SMU 34

I would agree with the bolded... Tanner Mordecai and that SMU offense are legit and able to move the ball through the air or on the ground at a high level.

I think UC's defense is much better than SMU's and that's why I like the Bearcats to win, but it's going to be a tough game. 

I'll be surprised if it ends up a 42-13 blow out like we saw last year.

• Like 1
On 11/17/2021 at 9:06 AM, cincyswords said:

Any injury updates?

Thinking Ford and Renfro will both be back for this one...Bryan Cook is the biggest question mark. UC absolutely needs him against that pass happy SMU offense.

Didn't realize it, but Arquon Bush didn't play much last game either due to injury. Hopefully the secondary is at full strength. I don't like the thought of true freshman Bryon Threats out there against those SMU receivers. 

No word on OLB Ty Van Fossen but he's a little easier to replace with how well Deshawn Pace has played in split snaps this year and Jaheim Thomas as his backup. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know you posted it Walter but I was just scanning through my cable guide trying to figure out my Saturday.  I know what I am doing at 330pm. 🙂

• Like 2