St. Xavier vs. Daviess County Predictions/Updates

Tigerpride94

Who wins?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2021 at 12:30 AM

https://www.owensborotimes.com/sports/2021/11/daviess-county-looks-to-knock-off-powerhouse-tigers-to-keep-postseason-dreams-alive/

St. X is historically one of the powerhouses in the state for 6A,” Brannon said. “They are the No. 2 ranked team in the state for a good reason, and will play 25-30 different players all night.  The depth on both sides of the ball is impressive. They have a very talented QB that is a true dual threat. We will be challenged all night with the balance that the St. X offense possesses. We must be sharp in all aspects of our defensive schemes, and we must be ready to adjust when needed.”

11 hours ago, Sming said:

X 42-20

Sivori goes off.

Definitely should be a good night for Sivori. Daviess County strength of schedule is #27 in 6A and against that weak schedule their defense is a middle of the class defense. Sivori and St. X should be able to put up as many points and stats as they want. The thing that could keep Sivori's stats down would be if Daviess County and Humphreys can't score on St. X. If that happens, St. X might hand the ball off and run clock which would keep Sivori from putting up good numbers.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Brown said:

For a big school DC should have way more kids out for football.  I will say their star RB has been out most of the year - not sure if he will play in this game.  He can house it.

Parm was a guy that I thought could really help DC in a game like tonight. In his limited action late in the season he looked like a D1 level talent. Unfortunately he re broke his collarbone and is done for the year. At least that’s what I have been told. Shame. He could have helped in a game like tonight. 

Also, @theguru I believe DC consistently has 5 guys that go both ways. Their DB’s for the most part also play WR. Blue up front on the DL/OL and Evans plays RB/LB. Burch also has been playing more DE than WR lately because of the depth there. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ApolloFan98 said:

Parm was a guy that I thought could really help DC in a game like tonight. In his limited action late in the season he looked like a D1 level talent. Unfortunately he re broke his collarbone and is done for the year. At least that’s what I have been told. Shame. He could have helped in a game like tonight. 

Also, @theguru I believe DC consistently has 5 guys that go both ways. Their DB’s for the most part also play WR. Blue up front on the DL/OL and Evans plays RB/LB. Burch also has been playing more DE than WR lately because of the depth there. 

In my opinion that is too much to consistently win in big boy football.

I can't wait to watch tonight!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, ApolloFan98 said:

I hate that for Parm. I would like to see a guy like that play.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ApolloFan98 said:

The RB situation will be interesting to see how the DC coaches handle. It's going to be asking a lot for a single player to play both ways at such physical positions against a team with the depth of a St. X. DC doesn't have to run the ball a lot, but they do have to show they are willing to run it occasionally. If they're RB is also going to be playing LB that's a lot of hits he'll be taking. 

If it was me I'd try to get him rest on the defensive side of the ball, and do everything I could to make sure my top players were fresh on offense and make this a track meet and outscore St. X.  

• Like 1