Kelsey Sorrell Memorial Scrimmages

KAS scrimmages at Simon Kenton, Saturday, November 20.

10:00 St. Henry vs Cincinnati Country Day

11:30 Simon Kenton vs Covington Catholic vs Oak Hills (Tri-scrimmage)

1:30 Conner vs South Laurel

3:00 Scott vs North College Hill

4:30 Holy Cross (Cov) vs Walton Verona

• Thanks 2
51 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

So, is the 11:30 game no holds barred with a special guest referee? Sounds like it could be a slobberknocker!!!! 

Giggity

Gotta love a good triple threat match. 

Conner ran out to a 23-5 lead after 1st quarter ultimately beating South Laurel 59-47.

Led by, Landen Hamilton 20 points, Dan Campbell 10points 9rebounds, Alex Castrucci 10points.

17 hours ago, Nkybballfan23 said:

Walton puts up 99 on Holy Cross. Smithers for Walton had at least 40 with 11 3’s

Smithers was lights our from the three.  Interestingly the first half was a two point game I believe.  The second half was when Walton pulled away.  HC was missing four seniors who were on the class trip and Javier Ward.  I don't think any of the seniors are starters but they are second team and Ward is a starter.  It would have been interesting to see both teams at full strength.  I would assume Walton may have been missing some footballs players?

2 hours ago, rjal said:

Smithers was lights our from the three.  Interestingly the first half was a two point game I believe.  The second half was when Walton pulled away.  HC was missing four seniors who were on the class trip and Javier Ward.  I don't think any of the seniors are starters but they are second team and Ward is a starter.  It would have been interesting to see both teams at full strength.  I would assume Walton may have been missing some footballs players?

Yes the first half was a very good half. Walton dominated the 2nd half. I did not know about all of the Holy Cross seniors out. I did know that ward was out and he is an exciting player and would’ve helped HC. Not sure if Walton had any guys out. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, brooksville said:

How did Meyer do for Holy Cross?

He got a little banged up early and had to sit out for a few minutes. Came back in and played rest of the game though. He played a solid game, just needs to work on not doing too much and staying under control sometimes when going to the basket. Played a good game with probably around 20 points.

Meyer had 30 plus but had to sit for nearly the entire 2nd quarter as he was poked in the eye.  First half, HC was up by about 10 when he went out.  Lost the half by 2 or so.  Both teams have work to do but should have really good seasons.