The Big 20

Bud_Kilmer

4 hours ago, Hatz said:

I think you are probably right.  Mayfield is there not because of the number of titles in that period, ( which is only 7), but the number of the times they've made the Final and/or the Semi-Finals.  

If I remember correctly, didn't Mayfield have like a 15 year streak of making it to at least the Semi-Finals until last year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hatz said:

I think you are probably right.  Mayfield is there not because of the number of titles in that period, ( which is only 7), but the number of the times they've made the Final and/or the Semi-Finals.  

Only 7......How many schools would kill for ONE much less 7 lol.

• Like 1

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums. All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.

2 hours ago, 9068 said:

Only 7......How many schools would kill for ONE much less 7 lol.

I think Boyle and Danville have more in the 30 year window..  That was my point. When ranking top programs over that time titles would not place them in the top 4 but their overall record of post season excellence would. 

• Like 2

There was a pos a couple of years ago where someone made a rating where the county as a whole and not the school was ranked. It had to do with population, number of schools in the county, and then successes and the Boyle County/Danville combo was literally not even close to the other counties on this list. If we think in the last two decades then there is no reason Boyle should not be number two next to Trinity and Danville still in the list. If we think further back then the last two decades, then where do we draw the line? There are teams of the past who were successful who no longer exist as a school.