Trinity 76 Marshall County 0

9 hours ago, BWTigers said:

I understand that but that doesn’t matter to some on here. They think that a team should just kneel each possession to not embarrass the other team. Ridiculous I know. I remember when I was a Freshman dressing Varsity for the mop up playoff games and I was trying my hardest on each play cause I wanted to impress my coaches to get an opportunity to start my Sophomore season. I ended up not continuing my football career after that but to ask someone to not play hard is insane.

I understand exactly what you are saying.

14 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Trinity district only has 3 teams and Marshall's district has 5 teams so Marshall gets shipped to Trinity as 4th seed in Trinity district.

Ok Makes no sense for them to have the drive that far for that whipping… props to showing up!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Falcon Pride said:

This falls on the “participation award” folks.

Not everyone deserves to be in the playoffs but you can’t tell that to the people in charge.

Merit based is the way to go but once the genie is out of the bottle it’s awful hard to get it back!

I agree.

I think the Kentucky Football Coaches Association needs to step up here.  

We need to scale back the playoffs by one round meaning only the top two teams in each district get in each year. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, theguru said:

I agree.

I think the Kentucky Football Coaches Association needs to step up here.  

We need to scale back the playoffs by one round meaning only the top two teams in each district get in each year. 

Playoffs definitely need scaling back but if you’re using RPI to seed, you might as well use it to determine who gets in?

I would put that with a caveat though in that all District winners get in.

• Like 2

Just now, Falcon Pride said:

Playoffs definitely need scaling back but if you’re using RPI to seed, you might as well use it to determine who gets in?

I would put that with a caveat though in that all District winners get in.

The RPI needs to be improved too, especially if Kentucky goes that direction. 

• Like 1

If you finish last in a 5 team district, you should not be in the playoffs. Trinity should have just been given a first round bye.

No reason for those kids to take a 10 hour round trip to get kicked in the mouth like that. The KHSAA needs to revisit how they align playoff berths.

• Like 3