Trinity 76 Marshall County 0

Just now, EastSideJunkie said:

Was afraid it would be like this when I saw the Marshall County team.

Guess they only had 30 kids. Was ugly. Not sure why I went, but then when I was watching and I thought I might go down and ask if I could go in. I think I could have scored a TD.

Yes, @theguruis was THAT bad. One of the five worst teams I have seen at Marshall Stadium.

On a bright note, Trinity played a lot of freshmen for the first time and they looked good.

Maybe if you had Brohm throwing to you. 🙂

• Haha 2

Trinity is by no means a top tier team in 6A this year. Unfortunately, these things will happen when you allow everyone to participate in the playoffs. 

As a Shamrocks fan, the outcome is disappointing. Not because they "ran up" the score. But because, what do you tell the young guys?....

As was mentioned in the Central vs Shelby Co. thread, what do you do?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NLTanker1 said:

Trinity is by know means a top tier team in 6A this year. Unfortunately, these things will happen when you allow everyone to participate in the playoffs. 

As a Shamrocks fan, the outcome is disappointing. Not because they "ran up" the score. But because, what do you tell the young guys?....

I think you do exactly what they did and shorten the 4th quarter. When a team is vastly superior not much you can do. Trinity could have scored 200 if they wanted. 

3 minutes ago, NLTanker1 said:

Trinity is by no means a top tier team in 6A this year. Unfortunately, these things will happen when you allow everyone to participate in the playoffs. 

I assume you mean the top tier is Male and X, then Trinity somewhere after that?

4 minutes ago, NLTanker1 said:

Absolutely. No beans about it, I'm a die- hard ROCKS fan. Trinity needs to prove themselves from here on out.

2 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I think if you're #3 you are top tier. They lost to Male by 14 and St. X by 7. That's competitive and can be overcome in playoffs.

What Tp94 said!

2 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I think if you're #3 you are top tier. They lost to Male by 14 and St. X by 7. That's competitive and can be overcome in playoffs.

While I agree, there are a lot of things that T needs to work on to get over the proverbial hump that is H and X this year. Don't get me wrong, I still believe they are contender to win 6A. But a 76-0 win could give them a false sense of security facing a Ballard team, they by all means shouldn't have beaten a few weeks ago, even at home.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Will be an interesting few weeks.

I like Trinity's chances to be competitive, especially with Armon Tucker back (finally). Had been out basically since Cincy St. X game - he had a few snaps against Ballard but not many. He looked fast tonight, had a couple of TDs for the Shamrocks.

• Like 3

Trinity is still a force to be reckoned with, do not let the record deceive you.

I've seen them down and out, though not 3-7 after a regular season, but they have been battle tested as usual.  

They are in the 6A playoffs as much as anyone else. 

I believe their 2nd bout with Ballard, at home, will be a much different outcome. 

These young Rocks have seen a lot and are starting to gel. 

This could shape up to be a very exciting race to Lexington. 

• Like 2