BluegrassPreps Class 6A Football Rankings 11/1

TheDeuce

6 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Pretty sure Ryle barely beat Dixie. CovCath barely beat Ryle and didn't move a spot Dixie did when they lost.

Dixie Heights will have their chance to prove they should be ranked higher than #8 if they beat Simon Kenton in the 1st round of the playoffs.  They'll get a 2nd crack at Ryle.  If they beat them, then they'll probably get the winner of the weakest 6A district (more than likely Dunbar).  After that, probably looking at St. X.  They will have their chance(s).  We'll see if they take advantage or not.

• Like 1

As far as Daviess, I would imagine they have the best offense in 6A outside of Male and possibly X.  I'm not sure where that ranks them in overall 6A, but I would think they would be competitive with anyone on this list and score well (with the exception of Male or X defending them).  They have Parm back at RB who is very explosive.  In 2 games he has 7 receptions, 185 yards and 3 TD's - mostly of his doing. For round 3 I don't know if they will go to the wire with X or get blasted, but I would pay $7.50 to see it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brown said:

As far as Daviess, I would imagine they have the best offense in 6A outside of Male and possibly X.  I'm not sure where that ranks them in overall 6A, but I would think they would be competitive with anyone on this list and score well (with the exception of Male or X defending them).  They have Parm back at RB who is very explosive.  In 2 games he has 7 receptions, 185 yards and 3 TD's - mostly of his doing. For round 3 I don't know if they will go to the wire with X or get blasted, but I would pay $7.50 to see it. 

Do you think Daviess would be competitive with Trinity?

11 minutes ago, Brown said:

Their schedule was weak.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, theguru said:

Do you think Daviess would be competitive with Trinity?

I probably should have added Trinity to the Male/St. X - again, I said "I don't  know if they can take X down to the wire or get blasted".   I would lean on a 14-21 point defeat. Their defense will be their demise - it's average and won't stop a good team.  Their offense is very tough and can move the ball quickly.  Calpreps supports what I'm saying (although it's hard to tell when each of us hasn't seen all the teams) has these scores:

Male 41 - 19 over DC

X 42-21 over DC

Trinity 41 - 28 over DC

Manual 35-28 over DC

Ryle 28-24 over DC

Bryan Station 31-26 over DC

Ballard 31-28

With Parm healthy they will be a stronger beast, but the issue is having to play X round 3 - I don't think they will stop X.  Again, I would definitely pay $7.75 to see that game.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Brown said:

I probably should have added Trinity to the Male/St. X - again, I said "I don't  know if they can take X down to the wire or get blasted".   I would lean on a 14-21 point defeat. Their defense will be their demise - it's average and won't stop a good team.  Their offense is very tough and can move the ball quickly.  Calpreps supports what I'm saying (although it's hard to tell when each of us hasn't seen all the teams) has these scores:

Male 41 - 19 over DC

X 42-21 over DC

Trinity 41 - 28 over DC

Manual 35-28 over DC

Ryle 28-24 over DC

Bryan Station 31-26 over DC

Ballard 31-28

With Parm healthy they will be a stronger beast, but the issue is having to play X round 3 - I don't think they will stop X.  Again, I would definitely pay $7.75 to see that game.

We''ll see.