Frankfort vs. Berea - Did the game get out of control?

FLYGUY

Hearing this game got out of control, more than one set of fights on the field, kids running of benches onto the field.  Game was stopped before its completion. Have any kids been ejected for the next game? Hope this doesn't effect the Panthers play off games. 

• theguru changed the title to Frankfort High vs. Berea - Did the game get out of control?

Per the Richmond Register, there were still more than 6 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter of the game when the officials called it due to "several ugly incidents" including a "violent altercation which involved punches being thrown in front of the Frankfort bench" and another incident later that caused the officials to opt to call the game.

• theguru changed the title to Frankfort vs. Berea - Did the game get out of control?
5 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Per the Richmond Register, there were still more than 6 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter of the game when the officials called it due to "several ugly incidents" including a "violent altercation which involved punches being thrown in front of the Frankfort bench" and another incident later that caused the officials to opt to call the game.

Sounds like sportsmanship  was lacking to say the least.

I saw comments complaining about how Frankfort was so disrespectful to the game, KHSAA needs to handle Frankfort, etc.

I guess those people didn't see the extra punch thrown in the last clip by a Berea player once separated, the questionable extra bump/hit on a Frankfort player that ignited the situation in the second clip, the Berea player clearly two hand shove a Frankfort coach in the first clip, etc. 

Anytime a game has to be stopped for reasons like this, there are guilty parties on both sides of the ball...

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

In that first one, they are talking about parents running onto the field... I can tell you for certain that some of those people are Admin from Frankfort. So, not parents. 

Several females going toward the bench after the first incident.  Not sure if they are all admins but they didn't appear to do anything to intervene.  Seemed more like concerned moms.  To that point, I'm old but no way my mom would have come onto the field except to grab me by me ear and whip some sense in to me.  Mom ain't coming out there to help her little boy.  Helicopter parents nowadays.  

Just now, REALSPORT said:

Several females going toward the bench after the first incident.  Not sure if they are all admins but they didn't appear to do anything to intervene.  Seemed more like concerned moms.  To that point, I'm old but no way my mom would have come onto the field except to grab me by me ear and whip some sense in to me.  Mom ain't coming out there to help her little boy.  Helicopter parents nowadays.  

I was talking specifically about the people that actually went onto the field. 

52 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I was talking specifically about the people that actually went onto the field. 

I seen one guy I know for certain try to climb the fence. Last name Leigh I believe, this was right up his alley knowing him from past experiences. It appeared to me... that Berea was the one throwing most the punches but the Frankfort team was quick to clear the bench and run to get involved.. more often than not both sides are to blame. I do know that FHS has a history of coaches who engage with opposing players from the sideline and that starts at the top.. I sometimes think I miss the Flyers playing FHS, but this reminds me why I do not...

The real question I have, is did players get ejected? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

I do know that FHS has a history of coaches who engage with opposing players from the sideline and that starts at the top.. I sometimes think I miss the Flyers playing FHS, but this reminds me why I do not...

Coming from a Franklin County fan, this holds exactly zero water. 

I am not here to argue man. I am just applying prior knowledge to a current situation take it as you will, we both know where our loyalties are.  If you disagree with that statement, and really are in search of the truth,  ask a few players from other programs that have played them... see what you find out. Ask a couple coaches of other programs.   

Anyways back to the original intent of the thread: will this impact the play offs? with ejections.