Braves vs. Astros World Series - 2021 Who wins and Why?

2021 World Series- Braves vs Astros  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins it?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/28/2021 at 12:30 AM

Braves have certainly been on a decent run. The Astros have an incredible offense, the experience in this situation and has something to prove. What do you think? 

I hope the Braves win it because I can never root for this current collection of Astros, but if Dusty wins a ring I'd be absolutely thrilled for him. 

Houston.   Too much offense.   4 of the 7 games are in Houston, so probably roof closed.   The ones that aren't domed will be in a climate more suitable for baseball than football.

Dusty gets the ring, the haters off his back and his spot in the HOF as one of the better managers of all time.

• theguru changed the title to Braves vs. Astros World Series - 2021 Who wins and Why?
19 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I got asked to go down and vend the games in Atlanta.  I think I might regret not taking advantage of that to just say that I worked a World Series, but I guess I'll keep holding out for WS games in GABP haha!

I'd like to see the Braves win.

Absolutely should have done it. I'm sure most that attend WS games have some money to throw around. 

1 hour ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Absolutely should have done it. I'm sure most that attend WS games have some money to throw around. 

Yeah it definitely would have been lucrative.  

However, these days in the industry, it's a little tougher to travel because you don't know what you're walking into.  Out of towners probably put upstairs somewhere, who knows how good the card reader device is that they'll provide you.  But would have been worth the experience probably.

• Like 1

Braves take game 1. They came out swinging early as Soler hit a bomb to lead it off. The first true leadoff HR in game 1 of the World Series. 

Braves ace Charlie Morton took a ball to the leg and later left the game with a fractured fibula, he will be out for the rest of the series. I see many reporting that he threw 16 pitches off a broken leg and that it was broken by the batted ball off the leg, but everything that I've seen indicates it broke on the pitch in which he struck out Altuve and was removed from the game. 

Game 2 is tonight at 8:09. 

• Thanks 1

It was the Astros turn for a win in Game 2. The jumped out to a lead in the 1st inning and never looked back. The series is tied 1-1, but the Braves could be in trouble. They are down their #1 pitcher and their #2 has been beat up late in the season/post-season. 

9 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

It’ll be a tough task closing out the Astros tonight in another bullpen game, but the Braves have been strong at home this postseason, and their crowd is definitely fueling them. I’m hoping it doesn’t make it back to Houston. 

If it goes back to Houston, I don’t like the Braves’ chances, even being up 3-2.