Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky vs Kentucky Wesleyan

Featured Replies

The two teams are set to tip-off next Friday at 7pm in Kentucky’s first exhibition game.  
 

Tonight’s scrimmage was fun to get a chance to get familiar with this years team. GREAT to see fans back at Rupp Arena.  Really looking forward to next Friday night. 

I don’t know what Kentucky Wesleyan has this year but they have a storied history in basketball . I believe they have eight national championships in their college division. But playing Kentucky, unless it was 2020-21 in the middle of a pandemic, is a whole different level. 

I'm just glad that they are going to be back on my TV screen and we can put some distance between now and last year.

13 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I'm just glad that they are going to be back on my TV screen and we can put some distance between now and last year.

Do we have a legit PG this year or another 1 year tryout?  I haven’t kept up with the off-season.  

2 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Do we have a legit PG this year or another 1 year tryout?  I haven’t kept up with the off-season.  

I believe that Shavir Wheeler is expected to start at PG. Wheeler was 2nd team all SEC last year while at Georgia.  He averaged 14.0 points per game (17th SEC), 7.4 assists per game (1st SEC, 4th NCAA) and 1.7 steals per game (5th SEC).  I'd say that's a definite upgrade over last year's starter going into the season Devin Askew.  

10 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Do we have a legit PG this year or another 1 year tryout?  I haven’t kept up with the off-season.  

As @Irish Cat mentioned in his response, I think we can and should definitely consider Wheeler as a legit PG.

We also have TyTy Washington, who I think is going to do well for the Cats.  If TyTy was our only PG, I think I'd be a little worried since he lacks collegiate experience but with Wheeler, I think we'll be just fine with the two of them.

And they can always have Mintz run it on occasion, if needed.

Recent NKY standouts Ben Sisson (HHS) and Scotty Draud (Beechwood) will suit up for the Panthers. 

4 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Recent NKY standouts Ben Sisson (HHS) and Scotty Draud (Beechwood) will suit up for the Panthers. 

I forgot Sisson played for them.  That will be cool to see them against UK.

10 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I forgot Sisson played for them.  That will be cool to see them against UK.

I agree. I think experiences like this are really cool for the smaller schools. It is pretty cool how Cal continues to try to schedule instate schools for the exhibition games. Good for everyone. 

5 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I agree. I think experiences like this are really cool for the smaller schools. It is pretty cool how Cal continues to try to schedule instate schools for the exhibition games. Good for everyone. 

For sure. A lot of times those teams are filled with kids from the Commonwealth or surrounding states that will remember the opportunity forever. 

  • Author
5 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

As @Irish Cat mentioned in his response, I think we can and should definitely consider Wheeler as a legit PG.

We also have TyTy Washington, who I think is going to do well for the Cats.  If TyTy was our only PG, I think I'd be a little worried since he lacks collegiate experience but with Wheeler, I think we'll be just fine with the two of them.

And they can always have Mintz run it on occasion, if needed.

Agreed.  And I think both will improve a lot over the season simply from practicing against each other. 

Looking forward to watching the Cats play someone else tonight, even if just an exhibition.

6 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Looking forward to watching the Cats play someone else tonight, even if just an exhibition.

Yeah, I realize what you're saying.  But honestly, I see no benefit in these type of games.

  • Author

Almost 2.5 hours to tip off.  I’m curious to see what kind of lineups Cal throws out there tonight. 

1 hour ago, 4 Quarters said:

Yeah, I realize what you're saying.  But honestly, I see no benefit in these type of games.

Completely agree but I have nothing else to watch except another random Netflix show haha!  I'll gladly take some UK basketball.

Only real benefit is just building some chemistry against other opponents but given who the opponents are, not worth much.  Nice for the visiting schools though.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.