Central vs. Franklin County Predictions/Updates

Jackets vs. Flyers  

31 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2021 at 11:00 PM

5qs7u2.thumb.jpg.eaf4103fa84e3e76ec4e22651bb44abe.jpg

From the Capital City to Derby City, Franklin County revisits the scene of last year's coming out party

Records: Central (6-3), Franklin County (5-3)

BGP Ranking: Central (#4 in 4A), Franklin County (#6 in 4A)

Series History: Tied at 2-2

Table Setter: With both teams having dusted the rest of 4A District 4, the time has come for Central and Franklin County to decide the order at the top and home field for the inevitable playoff rematch. The Yellow Jackets and Flyers handled Waggener, Shelby County, and North Oldham by average score of 45-6 per game.

Central has the three "best" losses of anyone in 4A, if not the entire state. The Jackets routinely play one of the most demanding schedules in their class, falling to St. X, Manual, and South Warren this season. Potential future D1 linebacker Malachi Williams leads the defense, which has been a hallmark of the great Central teams over the last 15 years. Offensively, running back Cortez Stone looks like the second coming of Ace Wales. The freshman is knocking on the door of 1,000 yards on just 92 carries to go with 15 touchdowns.

Franklin County counters with its own strengths at the running back and linebacker positions. Kaden Moorman has been the Flyers most consistent offensive performer this season, with the ability to carry them on any given night. The 'backer trio of Brenton Sears, Peyton Ledford, and Blair Tate have provided stability in the middle of the defense, which has played extremely well over the last three games following a three game losing streak.

Last year's regular season game was a continuation of the nail biters from 2019, but the playoff game saw the Flyers spread their wings and soar to heights the Jackets couldn't follow. It was a stunning result that reverberated throughout the state. Franklin County would like to see a replay of that night, while Central may feel more comfortable with a return to the defensive vibe of the prior three meetings.

Flyers coming back into the new kid, underdog role quickly again this year. Deservedly so….Seems they have been up and and down as this season goes. I look for a close game! Of course I am backing the Flyers all the way. 

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

Flyers coming back into the new kid, underdog role quickly again this year. Deservedly so….Seems they have been up and and down as this season goes. I look for a close game! Of course I am backing the Flyers all the way. 

I thought they’d go with Gavin Hurst at the Q to begin the season. I think that’s a great move on their part. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, MorrowManiac said:

Central 36-13 I think central is super underrated.

Under rated would mean they are better than who? ranked ahead of them? Corbin? Boyle, JC? 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, MorrowManiac said:

Central 36-13 I think central is super underrated.

"Super underrated"  😏 like they're suppose to be better than Corbin, Boyle Co, JC and Lex Cath? Cause those are the only teams ahead of them. You can argue that their ahead of Lex Cath, but to be super underrated? 

4 hours ago, FLYGUY said:

Under rated would mean they are better than who? ranked ahead of them? Corbin? Boyle, JC? 

3 hours ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

"Super underrated"  😏 like they're suppose to be better than Corbin, Boyle Co, JC and Lex Cath? Cause those are the only teams ahead of them. You can argue that their ahead of Lex Cath, but to be super underrated? 

I would say under-the-radar more than underrated. Maybe that's what @MorrowManiac meant? Nobody's really talking about Central. They're about as low-key right now as a program of their stature can be. They won't be in the shadows for much longer if they win big this week.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

I would say under-the-radar more than underrated. Maybe that's what @MorrowManiac meant? Nobody's really talking about Central. They're about as low-key right now as a program of their stature can be. They won't be in the shadows for much longer if they win big this week.

I just haven’t heard of them being talked about I think they are up there with Boyle Corbin Jc and LC but no one really talks about them. 

• Like 2