Union County at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

Union County at Paducah Tilghman   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/16/2021 at 12:00 AM

Union County (6-1) comes to Paducah Tilghman (3-4) in what will have a lot riding on it in this big district matchup. Union has a Covid win, Tilghman a Covid loss. 

I think a lot of people thought Union would come back to reality somewhat this season, but from what I've seen, they're every bit as good if not better. 

They beat Tilghman both games last season, the first a 49-7 drubbing at Union before winning again 35-21 in the playoffs. 

Union is led by Qb Cannon Sheffer who's throwing it for 160 yds/gm and has 9 td's to only 1 int. Corinthian Seales-Portee is back and averaging 87 yds/gm running while taking it in 9 times on the ground. He was nearly unstoppable against Tilghman last season. Sheffer and Seales-Portee are also the leading tacklers on a pretty good defense. 

Tilghman's Jack James has been good for 180 yds/gm with a 13 to 7 td to int ratio. Malachi Rider leads the team with 114.5 rush yds/gm and has 8 td's. 

I believe the difference in the game will be someone not listed. These guys may lead, but both have 3 or 4 other guys who can star on a given night. 

This one to me almost feels too close to call. Should be a really good game. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Flea Market said:

When a toss up I usually go with the home team!

I'm hoping that's the case. If Tilghman doesn't get ready physically, they'll get smacked in the mouth again. Union just pushed the lines around last season. Tilghman did play their most physical game of the year last week, so I'm hoping that helps them prepare. 

I want to root for the Tornados but like @TilghmanPride mentioned, they are going to have to be more physical than the two games last year.

Union Co looks to be better than last years team with addition of the passing scheme.  Before, you knew they were going to pound the ball right at you and that is not the case with this year's team. 

This will be the first of two meeting between these squads.  Having home field in the second round is key.  I don't think TP wants to travel to Union.  It's a good drive out in the middle on nowhere and it's hard to beat them at home!

• Like 1

I’m surprised I’m the only won picking Union. It seems like everyone else is picking PT and hoping from the look of the above posts. It doesn’t appear that there is much difference between last year’s teams so I’m going with Union.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

I’m surprised I’m the only won picking Union. It seems like everyone else is picking PT and hoping from the look of the above posts. It doesn’t appear that there is much difference between last year’s teams so I’m going with Union.

Union is gonna be a tough out. They'll come in with the confidence from the games last season and plan on winning.

Tilghman has played their best defense of the last 2 years in the last 3 weeks, which is my hope for this game. If not for getting better there, I'm not sure they would have had near as good a chance.   

2 hours ago, FB Head said:

I want to root for the Tornados but like @TilghmanPride mentioned, they are going to have to be more physical than the two games last year.

Union Co looks to be better than last years team with addition of the passing scheme.  Before, you knew they were going to pound the ball right at you and that is not the case with this year's team. 

This will be the first of two meeting between these squads.  Having home field in the second round is key.  I don't think TP wants to travel to Union.  It's a good drive out in the middle on nowhere and it's hard to beat them at home!

Definitely would like to be home for the playoff game also. I've made that drive to Union many times. 

The winner of this one could get the needed momentum down the home stretch. I can't wait to see it!

3 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

I picked Tilghman because:

1.  I like their program better.

2.  I like @TilghmanPride.

3.  Tilghman has played a much tougher schedule.

3.  I think Tilghman is coming on and improving, and 

4.  Giving them the benefit of the doubt, especially playing at home.

That being said, from what I've gathered above, Union County is a hard nosed team with a stout wrestling background/conditioning program and they have some 5th year seniors, so I'm not calling for a running clock, but I do think Tilghman can eke out a win here.  And Union County's only loss was to Caldwell County and I think Tilghman could beat Caldwell.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

That being said, from what I've gathered above, Union County is a hard nosed team with a stout wrestling background/conditioning program and they have some 5th year seniors, so I'm not calling for a running clock, but I do think Tilghman can eke out a win here.  And Union County's only loss was to Caldwell County and I think Tilghman could beat Caldwell.  

I know right!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Purple88 said:

I like your reasoning and I absolutely appreciate the comment. After a rough day at work, that literally put me in better spirits instantly as I got home. The feeling is definitely mutual @Purple88!

• Like 2