Thursday Games

RetiredFan

Just now, RetiredFan said:

Is there a reason so many games are now played on Thursday's.  I know a shortage of Officials has been an issue but the schedule would have already been in place before the lack of Officials was known.

Last week was in part because of fall break starting and many schools being closed on Friday - especially JCPS. The Thursday before the first Friday in October is always a big night for games. 

• Like 1

I always just assumed that since some schools are off Friday, it was a chance to just do everything on Thursday and give people a day off.   No one needs to show up and make sure everything is opened and up and running when no one is going to be around.

• Like 1

I still think it's mostly for shortage of officials.  Two crews have told us that and I've now seen far more 5 man crews this year than the last 3 or 4.  One white hat told me there were guys throwing flags who had no business even dressing yet.  Shortage is getting worse. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RetiredFan said:

Is there a reason so many games are now played on Thursday's.  I know a shortage of Officials has been an issue but the schedule would have already been in place before the lack of Officials was known.

Some schools like it for the gate, some schools like it right before fall break, and the official shortage is part of it as well. The schedule could have been done 3 years ago, but if you don't have enough officials then you move the game. 

• Like 1