McCracken County vs. Apollo Predictions/Updates

WKY_Football

Who wins   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• McCracken
    • Apollo

A good game this week that I’m surprised no one has mentioned. Apollo seems to be on the rise under John Edge. Can they gain momentum and make themselves a district contender this week?

McCracken County has had a surprisingly disappointing early season start. Losing Hunter Bradley did not help and they have had some bad luck injury wise. Coming off a big district win over Marshall County can they start 2-0 in the district? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to McCracken County vs. Apollo Predictions/Updates
18 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

A good game this week that I’m surprised no one has mentioned. Apollo seems to be on the rise under John Edge. Can they gain momentum and make themselves a district contender this week?

McCracken County has had a surprisingly disappointing early season start. Losing Hunter Bradley did not help and they have had some bad luck injury wise. Coming off a big district win over Marshall County can they start 2-0 in the district? 

So how many players is McCracken County down?

I said this in another thread. If Apollo plays a full game of clean football, they win this one. If they make a lot of mental errors like they did against Central Hardin, it'll be tougher. While I never want to see a kid get hurt, Bradley being out is a big shot for Apollo. He has single-handedly killed us the last couple of seasons. 

I think Apollo made a big statement in coming from behind against Meade County last week. Score at halftime should have been 7-7. Instead, it was 20-7 Meade. Apollo was called for roughing the passer on a 3rd and long when a Meade Co offensive player shoved an Apollo defender from behind into the quarterback. That changed the drive and led to one touchdown. Then Apollo defender called for pass interference on another 3rd and long while standing 10 yards from the receiver who tripped over his own two feet leading to another touchdown. 

Old Apollo would have broken down after those two plays and never recovered. John Edge-led Apollo scored one before halftime, and came back in the second half out for blood. 

I'd vote for my boys anyway, but I think this is a close game. Without Bradley, McCracken offense has to be down, and the Apollo defense has been making strong stands the last two weeks.

Apollo 21

McCracken 14

The only way this is close is if McCracken has multiple turnovers.   Sorry to be a realist to my Owensboro teams, but the Mustangs are much more athletic.   I look for a big game finally for the Mustangs who dominate.

McCracken 42-7

2 hours ago, Brown said:

The only way this is close is if McCracken has multiple turnovers.   Sorry to be a realist to my Owensboro teams, but the Mustangs are much more athletic.   I look for a big game finally for the Mustangs who dominate.

McCracken 42-7

Sure would be a big win for McCracken if your prediction is correct, I've only seen in person the Tilghman game the rest I've watched on u-tube and red helmet. McCracken could have won the games against Bowling Green and Tilghman. Mayfield and Graves they were never in those games.

1 minute ago, theguru said:

Are you feeling okay?

Yes, thank you for asking. I'm vaccinated, and have no symptoms other than spiking a fever this morning at work. I can't test for 48 hours per my hospital policy, so I'm out for 2 days pending results. I'm hopeful it's just regular influenza. At near-400 pounds, losing my sense of taste could send me into a psych ward. 

2 minutes ago, wrn1979 said:

Yes, thank you for asking. I'm vaccinated, and have no symptoms other than spiking a fever this morning at work. I can't test for 48 hours per my hospital policy, so I'm out for 2 days pending results. I'm hopeful it's just regular influenza. At near-400 pounds, losing my sense of taste could send me into a psych ward. 

Good to hear and I will talk you down over some chicken wings and beer.  I mean, if you can taste it...