Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals at Steelers Predictions/Updates

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh 10 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Bengals
      30%
    • Steelers
      70%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/26/2021 at 05:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I did not want to think anymore about today's loss (lol)at least the Bengals are still tied for first place in the division and a win next Sunday at Pittsburgh will keep them there. The offense (especially the o-line) will have to play better than today at Chicago. Go Bengals!!

  • Replies 68
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would expect the Steelers to win but nothing would surprise me. 

  • Author

As Clubber Lang said, “my prediction is lots of pain” for our Bengs and Burrow!!  If the O line doesn’t get better fast he’s not going to survive this year either, maybe not this next game!!

8 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

As Clubber Lang said, “my prediction is lots of pain” for our Bengs and Burrow!!  If the O line doesn’t get better fast he’s not going to survive this year either, maybe not this next game!!

 

  • Author

I’ll say this too, if Taylor’s plan was to be a power running team and throw 2-3 yard passes he should’ve taken Sewell, I thought we drafted Chase to open up the field and have a dynamic offense!!

9 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I’ll say this too, if Taylor’s plan was to be a power running team and throw 2-3 yard passes he should’ve taken Sewell, I thought we drafted Chase to open up the field and have a dynamic offense!!

Takes time to get deep. And by then Burrow is looking straight up instead of down field lol.

9 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I’ll say this too, if Taylor’s plan was to be a power running team and throw 2-3 yard passes he should’ve taken Sewell, I thought we drafted Chase to open up the field and have a dynamic offense!!

Biggest disappointment with Taylor as a coach has been his play calling.

  • Author
31 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Takes time to get deep. And by then Burrow is looking straight up instead of down field lol.

Then like I said, don’t draft Chase, draft Sewell if that’s what your game plan is gonna be

  • Author
12 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Biggest disappointment with Taylor as a coach has been his play calling.

I agree, I’m beginning to wonder if Smalls can do the job!!??

6 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Biggest disappointment with Taylor as a coach has been his play calling.

Agreed! As a Head Coach I really like him actually. As a play caller I don’t think he is good at all. 

6 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Biggest disappointment with Taylor as a coach has been his play calling.

 

14 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Agreed! As a Head Coach I really like him actually. As a play caller I don’t think he is good at all. 

I have been very disappointed in the play calling too, we are too conservative. 

59 minutes ago, theguru said:

 

I have been very disappointed in the play calling too, we are too conservative. 

I understand we are playing with, basically, a rookie quarterback...but, still.  In my strictly armchair quarterback opinion, Higgins and Chase both need to see a ball come their way on a sideline go route sometime in the first half...preferably in the first quarter.  And please, let me elaborate that I'm not advocating Burrow do a seven-step drop and wait 5 seconds to throw the ball 50 yards down the field.  But, do some play action and try to hit the guy in stride when he's 20-25 yards out.  Basically, the defense needs to respect the fact that, not only do we have guys that can go deep, but we're going to throw it to them as well.  Even if you don't complete either one of them, the thought of the receiver possibly going deep can make the DB a half-second late on those ins/outs/comebacks...which is all you really need on a well-thrown ball.  That's my crude, Strat-o-matic, backyard-football offensive philosophy.

 

1 minute ago, CincySportsFan said:

I understand we are playing with, basically, a rookie quarterback...but, still.  In my strictly armchair quarterback opinion, Higgins and Chase both need to see a ball come their way on a sideline go route sometime in the first half...preferably in the first quarter.  And please, let me elaborate that I'm not advocating Burrow do a seven-step drop and wait 5 seconds to throw the ball 50 yards down the field.  But, do some play action and try to hit the guy in stride when he's 20-25 yards out.  Basically, the defense needs to respect the fact that, not only do we have guys that can go deep, but we're going to throw it to them as well.  Even if you don't complete either one of them, the thought of the receiver possibly going deep can make the DB a half-second late on those ins/outs/comebacks...which is all you really need on a well-thrown ball.  That's my crude, Strat-o-matic, backyard-football offensive philosophy.

 

I don't view Burrow as a rookie but I mostly agree with the rest.

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

I don't view Burrow as a rookie but I mostly agree with the rest.

I understand what you're saying, but with limited off-season stuff last year, plus the fact he only played in 10 games...he's not really completed a "full season" in my opinion.  My point is, that maybe the coaching staff feels they have to "protect him" with their play calling.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.