Bengals at Steelers Predictions/Updates

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2021 at 05:00 PM

3 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

I understand what you're saying, but with limited off-season stuff last year, plus the fact he only played in 10 games...he's not really completed a "full season" in my opinion.  My point is, that maybe the coaching staff feels they have to "protect him" with their play calling.

I think the coaching staff feels they have to protect Joe from their offensive line.  Based on what I have seen so far I am not optimistic at all and the OL along with edge rushers should be our number one priorities moving forward. 

From Facebook:

Steelers’ QB Ben Roethlisberger is dealing with a left pectoral injury and is uncertain to play in Week 3, per HC Mike Tomlin. 

Tomlin said the injury will affect Roethlisberger’s preparation for this week. 

“We'd better be ready to be adjustable,” Tomlin said.

One of the many areas that I feel the Bengals need to clean up after the Chicago debacle, is kick returns.  Seemed like there were several punts that were fair caught well inside the 10, and a couple of kickoff returns from the end zone that were brought out and didn't even make it to the 15.  We're not good enough yet on offense to constantly be able to overcome this.

2 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

One of the many areas that I feel the Bengals need to clean up after the Chicago debacle, is kick returns.  Seemed like there were several punts that were fair caught well inside the 10, and a couple of kickoff returns from the end zone that were brought out and didn't even make it to the 15.  We're not good enough yet on offense to constantly be able to overcome this.

I know.  That irritated me too.  I'm more forgiving on the kickoff returns, because I know that I want my returners to be smart, but fearless and take a chance in breaking one now and then.  Punt returns are different.  Fair catches inside the 10 are bad.  I think it is a coaching thing to know when to catch it and run, fair catch it, or let it go into the end zone.  I think there is a lot of fear in having the ball go out or be downed on the one or the two yard line.

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

The Steelers are only a 3pt favorite, that surprises me a little bit, my guess was 6 before I looked.

The powers that be must not be big fans of Pittsburgh this year. 

I'm a Bengals fan, but giving 3 with the Steelers is a very tempting potential bet!

• Like 1