Jump to content

BluegrassPreps Class 3A Football Rankings 9/6


Recommended Posts

Class 3A

1. Christian Academy-Louisville vs. 2A #2 Lexington Christian

2. Bardstown at #7 Elizabethtown

3. Mercer County vs. 2A #4 Danville

4. Russell at Lawrence County (9/9)

5. Ashland -- OPEN

6. Belfry at 4A #6 Central

7. Elizabethtown vs. #2 Bardstown

8. Paducah Tilghman -- OPEN

9. Taylor County at 2A Green County

10. Glasgow at 4A Allen County-Scottsville

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hardin County Preps said:

I have seen Elizabethtown this year and they have no business being in the top 10!

You're probably right, but no disrespect to any of the other teams in the 3A top 10, after #3, there is a huge gap that is glaring.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Green is a pretty good team, so I think we will see a little more about Taylor County this week. Nipping Spencer by a point does not inspire confidence. The Russell-Lawrence County game may tell us whether or not Belfry losing a bunch of early games is going to mean anything at all in the long run. Central is really athletic (albeit not deep) and would expect them to beat Belfry, especially with the long drive and emotion-fueled renaming of their stadium.  The margin may well illustrate where Belfry is. Everyone is favoring Bardstown over a down E-town team, but I am cautious; again, margin may be illustrative of where these teams are. CAL at Lex. Christian is clearly where to go buy your pork burger this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hardin County Preps said:

I have seen Elizabethtown this year and they have no business being in the top 10!

You may be correct but I think the same is being said for a whole bunch of 3A teams. It’s just really hard to separate the wheat from the chaff in that class right now. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

The Russell-Lawrence County game may tell us whether or not Belfry losing a bunch of early games is going to mean anything at all in the long run.

This is the game of the week for me. I think Lawrence is good and might should be ranked. I win over Russell would probably get them in and might even give Belfry cause for concern. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

Green is a pretty good team, so I think we will see a little more about Taylor County this week. Nipping Spencer by a point does not inspire confidence.

I don’t know what to think of Taylor County. They’ve proven they can win close games, but neither Rockcastle or Spencer are great teams. The win over Larue came against a team missing sixteen players. Under Marple, Taylor is always better later in the year than at the start. If I’m grading them at this point, I’m probably giving them an incomplete. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hearsay said:

Green is a pretty good team, so I think we will see a little more about Taylor County this week. Nipping Spencer by a point does not inspire confidence. The Russell-Lawrence County game may tell us whether or not Belfry losing a bunch of early games is going to mean anything at all in the long run. Central is really athletic (albeit not deep) and would expect them to beat Belfry, especially with the long drive and emotion-fueled renaming of their stadium.  The margin may well illustrate where Belfry is. Everyone is favoring Bardstown over a down E-town team, but I am cautious; again, margin may be illustrative of where these teams are. CAL at Lex. Christian is clearly where to go buy your pork burger this week.

I really am looking forward to the Taylor and Green game. We should learn how good both teams are with this game. Taylor is very good on offense, but has given up some points, so should really get a good look at how far Green has come this year. 

I also would love to see the LCA and CAL game. Should give us an idea of how good CAL is. I still think Bardstown is the best team in 3a right now, followed very close by Mercer and CAL. Bardstown is very good, and I think they haven't played a complete game yet and still have beat some good teams. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Class 3A

1. Christian Academy-Louisville vs. 2A #2 Lexington Christian

2. Bardstown at #7 Elizabethtown

3. Mercer County vs. 2A #4 Danville

4. Russell at Lawrence County (9/9)

5. Ashland -- OPEN

6. Belfry at 4A #6 Central

7. Elizabethtown vs. #2 Bardstown

8. Paducah Tilghman -- OPEN

9. Taylor County at 2A Green County

10. Glasgow at 4A Allen County-Scottsville

Huge gap between CAL and everyone else IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WishboneCity said:

Huge gap between CAL and everyone else IMO. 

If they get smoked by LCA will that change opinions on them in 3A or does everyone think they are cream of the crop regardless of what happens in this game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

If they get smoked by LCA will that change opinions on them in 3A or does everyone think they are cream of the crop regardless of what happens in this game.

I think LCA would smoke most everyone in Class 3A. That said, my opinion on CAL isn’t as strong as some others right now. They’re ranked first by default, not necessarily because of what they’ve shown. They might be the best team, but this class is wide open in my opinion. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2021 at 3:14 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

This is the game of the week for me. I think Lawrence is good and might should be ranked. I win over Russell would probably get them in and might even give Belfry cause for concern. 

SportsLine on Twitter: "How @Mike5754 was lookin at the Cubs-Phillies total  after seeing a low air density index in Chicago Over 9 (+100) 💰  https://t.co/pladktjYv3… https://t.co/BbMyv454bi"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.