Tennessee 111 Texas 105

letabrotherspeak

I think you really need to think about why we didn't take Lofton. There are many threads about it. I suggest reading them. Would I love to have him yes. But it was the right choice at the time.

Yes it was. Virtually everyone agrees (with the benefit of hindsight) that Chris will probably be at least a second-team All-American this year; and virtually everyone also agrees that under OTS and his system no such thing would have happened. Everything worked out fine for C-Lo.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it was. Virtually everyone agrees (with the benefit of hindsight) that Chris will probably be at least a second-team All-American this year; and virtually everyone also agrees that under OTS and his system no such thing would have happened. Everything worked out fine for C-Lo.

:thumb:

By far the most entertaining college game I've seen this year.

Had to catch some on the radio and the UT color guy must have went to the Dick Vitale School of Broadcasting because he yelled everything he said, ended every other comment with 'BABY', and ended every sixth phrase with 'He is the man!'

Great, great game.:thumb:

First I am a Lofton fan, but I agree with you Hammer. Lofton is better off where he is at because of the style of play.

OTS admitted his mistake of not going after Lofton. That takes a big man to confess his mistake the way he did. Tubby got big bonus points from me for this.

Let it go.

Phillip, you could not have said anything better. I was at the "BC" speech when OTS admitted to his mistakes. It made me respect the man that much more for what he said. As for C-Lo.........The kid is a phenom and is in a much better position as a Vol versus a Wildcat.....I love my Cats, but I also enjoy watching one of, if not the best, collegiate shooter in the nation.....The bigger the game, the bigger he plays....Enough said....BDC is going to enjoy taking 50 bones from the old man when C-Lo makes an NBA roster!!!! Best too ya kid! Keep lighting up the scoreboard!!!!

gov........

UK..thats why we SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we need a mr basketball from our own state to lead us..maybe we could get a win from a team in the top 100 and beat them by 20..

We have had several Mr. basketball winners from our state on our team in the past! The bottom line is that albeit Chris is a great shooter right now, he was not the right fit for UK at that time! Chris is doing really well at UT and I wish him the best from now until he leaves UT. Chris is okay and in the best possible situation at UT! Please let it go!

Although only indirectly related to this thread, it is instructive to see how the two college programs we're NOW discussing (UT and UK) have evolved over the last couple of years.

Last year the UK coach (for whom I have an enormous amount of respect) chest-thumped players after pulling out a squeaker in Knoxville. That as much as anything shows me where the two programs now stand. Looked to me like, at least last year, the Cats were EXTREMELY happy to be 1-1 versus the Vols.

And by the way, if everyone stays at Texas, they will be very, very good in another year or two.