McCracken County at Graves County Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Eagles are coming into the game 1-1 after a loss to Mayfield and a win to Paducah. They have shown they can put up points, but special teams has been rough. They have continue to allow drives to start across midfield thus backing the defense in a corner. 

McCracken is 0-2 and is looking to not start 0-3. (Maybe for the first time?) Their schedule has been pretty stout. Playing a good Paducah team and Bowling Green. I did not see the BG game but they must have figured some things out defensively from week 1.

Thoughts? 

• Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to McCracken County at Graves County Predictions/Updates

Graves beat Tilghman and McCracken did not.  That's a pretty good indicator to me within the last 2 weeks.  

Graves is coming off a win and the Mustangs had to walk off their home field again with another close 4th quarter defeat.

Now granted, BG is still walking through the woods at night without a flashlight right now offensively, but that's not McCracken County's fault.

If McCracken can regroup and bring the same kind of effort they had vs BG, this will be a dynamite game.

I just like Graves in a close one.

Graves County 24

McCracken County 21

• Thanks 1

Mason Grant and McKee a great combo and it sounds like the new QB is doing great - They've played a tough schedule so far.  Graves D gives up a lot of points, but again Mayfield and Tilghman.  I expect it to be close but at Graves is worth 10.

Graves 28

McCracken 20

11 hours ago, TilghmanPride said:

I feel Graves is a slightly better team, yet I'm leaning towards McCracken to pick up their first win. 

I think McCracken's D line is the difference in the game. 

McCracken 31 Graves 27

I agree.  Graves offensive line will be exposed.  They won't have time to throw the ball to Grant.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BadaBing said:

I agree.  Graves offensive line will be exposed.  They won't have time to throw the ball to Grant.  

Paducah brought pressure every play and played us man. Mayfield did many times as well. Still passed the ball effectively and had plenty of time. I’m not worried about the pass blocking, the run blocking on the other hand…

1 hour ago, gcbleedblue said:

Paducah brought pressure every play and played us man. Mayfield did many times as well. Still passed the ball effectively and had plenty of time. I’m not worried about the pass blocking, the run blocking on the other hand…

And McCracken easily has a better defensive front than either Mayfield or PT.  It will be interesting for sure.  I'll be pulling for Graves, but I think McCracken comes out on top.

• Like 1

I think Graves has had no problems with offensive firepower, but they are giving up a load in points to the other team.  This will go to the 4th quarter, but man McKee is a load to bring down - great RB with good vision.  Grant one of the better WR's in KY IMO - great athlete.  Should be a good game.

12 hours ago, R1 sports fan said:

If McCracken can hold it’s water, not blitz, and let it’s front win, they should have a great chance to win, if they blitz all game like against PT, the secondary will get picked apart.

Lawson loves to blitz though...