Think this team would win a couple???

mexitucky

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shamrock69:

Name your Trinity team, and we can discuss.

QB: Brian Brohm

RB: Alan Hennessey

RB: Mike McCarty

WR: Leon Smith

WR: Steve Raible

SB: Tashawn McBroom

TE: Jim Campbell

OL: Dylan Thiery

OL: Mark Keene

OL: Mike Pfeiffer

OL: Brad Lampley

OL: Wes Duke

P: Ryan Tylacka

LB: Tom Rittle

LB: Shawn Johnson

LB: Carwell Gardner

DL: Donnie Gardner

DL: Louis Cristofoli

DL: Joe Babey

DL: Doug Dejarnett

DB: Alex Hennessey

DB: Anthony Wadja

DB: Eric Senn

DB: Blayne Donnell

PK: Karl-Heinz Williams

Athletes: Jeff Brohm, Keith Calvin, Craig DeSensi, Reggie White

Unless the coach is Vince Lombardi, I don't see this team matching up position for position (outside of the OL which I don't know much about).

CovCath could give you a good kicker in Shane Popham, lethal from 50 yards and further!

But he doesn't have any NFL FG's.........yet :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

The kicker from the Eagles David Akers is from Tates Creek.

Some fine high school football names on the list but I really cannot believe that this thread went that direction. I guess I should have just figured it (as many, many others) would end this way.:mad:

Virgil6561 asked me a question and I answered it. I happen to think that Trinity has had some players that could match up with the Penn team when looking at "High School" accomplishments. If I have broken a rule please report it to a moderator, otherwise I will continue to state my opinion in this forum about high school football. :irked:

Great list. I think that Devian Logan may take a DB spot though. Starter at Villanova and several years in the CFL. One of the fastest Rocks of all time.

Virgil6561 asked me a question and I answered it. I happen to think that Trinity has had some players that could match up with the Penn team when looking at "High School" accomplishments. If I have broken a rule please report it to a moderator, otherwise I will continue to state my opinion in this forum about high school football. :irked:

We are all entitled to our opinions. Biased as they may be;)

Great list. I think that Devian Logan may take a DB spot though. Starter at Villanova and several years in the CFL. One of the fastest Rocks of all time.

Thanks LSU. I agree. He was a player. I also still maintain that disregarding college and pro careers, I think that some of the players on my list could compete on the high school level with the Penn team. Am I wrong? Some on here think so. :confused:

Thanks LSU. I agree. He was a player. I also still maintain that disregarding college and pro careers, I think that some of the players on my list could compete on the high school level with the Penn team. Am I wrong? Some on here think so. :confused:

You are talking of a team that consists of some of the greatest players of all-time, not just in PA, but in the history of the game. You have named maybe three or four guys that would start for an all-KY team. There's no contest. No one will debate that T is the top program in the state, but do we have to hear about it on every thread? As a side note, if you extend this to the 2000's, PA also has Larry Johnson to run the ball and Paul Posluvsky at LB.

Call me crazy but if we are only talking about "high school" accomplishments, I could come up with an all time Trinity team that could hold their own against this Penn team. Look at ROCKS All Staters since 1968 and you just might agree. We have had some dominating players on both sides of the ball.

NOTE: Post #7 you already made the move. Never said you broke any rules. Why so defensive? I merely stated that a thread that started about a VERY talented team of Pennsylvania prep players, loaded with many NFL Hall of Famers, was seriously challenged by an All TRINITY team.

NOTE: Post #7 you already made the move. Never said you broke any rules. Why so defensive? I merely stated that a thread that started about a VERY talented team of Pennsylvania prep players, loaded with many NFL Hall of Famers, was seriously challenged by an All TRINITY team.

Note: See post #20. You called me out and I responded. Just because you do not agree with me does not automatically make me wrong. I take nothing away from the Penn team. I love college and pro football but this is a high school thread, and I stand by my opinion that an ALL TRINITY team would be competitive. I meant to spur some discussion on the subject not argument. I apologize for that.