Bryan Station vs. Mercer County at Boyle County Predictions/Updates (8/28)

The Rebel Bowl  

22 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/28/2021 at 10:00 PM

Defenders looking to get more offensive; Mercer looking for a "titanic" win

Records: Bryan Station (0-1), Mercer County (1-0)

BGP Ranking: Bryan Station (#5 in 6A), Mercer County (#2 in 3A)

Series History: First ever meeting 

Table Setter: Bryan Station's challenging early season schedule rolls on with a trip to Boyle County for the Rebel Bowl, where they'll meet a talented, experienced Mercer County squad. The Defenders battled valiantly in defeat to top ranked Frederick Douglass in Week 1. Holding a potent, D1 laden offense to just three touchdowns speaks well of Station's defensive effort and personnel. Attention now shifts to the other side of the ball, where the offense looks for improvement. And they say more improvement occurs between weeks 1 and 2 than at any other point during the season.

Few players in Kentucky had as impactful a game, defensively, as Mercer County's Jalen Lukitsch last week against Madison (IN). The Titan linebacker filled the stat sheet with 11 tackles, a sack, a scoop and score, and for the cherry on top, a pick-six. The road through Week 1 was full of potholes for 3A, so the Titans three score, season opening win will have them trending up in the rankings.

Throw out the loss to Douglass. This will be a tremendous challenge for Mercer County against a much larger opponent. Both the Titans and Defenders are top 5 caliber teams in their respective classes. This year's Rebel Bowl, which also features Boyle County vs. LCA, is shaping up to be the premier event of Week 2.

5kg3nj.thumb.jpg.bea790576958012d5f91544bc398b355.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilMayCare said:

I know this game is a part of this year's Rebel Bowl, but in my heart it will be known as the BluegrassPreps.com Bowl with our vey own @coachhawk and @ChiefSmoke matching wits.

@coachhawk has done a super job at Bryan Station. This will be a big challenge for our team & we are looking forward to it. Makes it even tougher, my old QB, Harry Lewis is on the Defender staff. Wonderful young man!

On matching wits... job number one for me is not over coach and screw up the good players that we do have!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1