Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Huge news if true!!!

Featured Replies

One of the top jobs in Louisville is going to come open….

Keep your ears to the ground and you might hear what’s up!

2 minutes ago, Falcon Pride said:

One of the top jobs in Louisville is going to come open….

Keep your ears to the ground and you might hear what’s up!

Interesting! 

That's quite a tease, especially with the regular season so close. 

So I've gotta wonder if Scott County is holding on a little extra tight to Coach McKee right now. And if Franklin County is making sure they've got Coach James a little extra happy.....because Midway University is among the 6 teams that will be participating in the inaugural season of the same sprint football league that Bellarmine is in, and Midway put the word out 5 or 6 weeks ago that they're on the hunt for a coach for their team.

The Midwest Sprint Football League starts up next season.

5 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

So I've gotta wonder if Scott County is holding on a little extra tight to Coach McKee right now. And if Franklin County is making sure they've got Coach James a little extra happy.....because Midway University is among the 6 teams that will be participating in the inaugural season of the same sprint football league that Bellarmine is in, and Midway put the word out 5 or 6 weeks ago that they're on the hunt for a coach for their team.

The Midwest Sprint Football League starts up next season.

It is definitely a good time for colleges to cherry pick top high school coaches.

49 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

So I've gotta wonder if Scott County is holding on a little extra tight to Coach McKee right now. And if Franklin County is making sure they've got Coach James a little extra happy.....because Midway University is among the 6 teams that will be participating in the inaugural season of the same sprint football league that Bellarmine is in, and Midway put the word out 5 or 6 weeks ago that they're on the hunt for a coach for their team.

The Midwest Sprint Football League starts up next season.

I can’t see any HS coach leaving a place like Scott Co, Franklin, Boyle, or other current top level programs to go coach sprint football. I could be wrong. High school football is special. Now if a D1 spot on a staff pops open that’s a little different. Combs, and Chuck Smith come to mind in the past. Now a HS coach that is kind of stuck or really hit the ceiling at a mid level type HS might leave. I know Bellarmine got their guy but I would guess there was more to it past coaching college. 

Just now, barrel said:

I can’t see any HS coach leaving a place like Scott Co, Franklin, Boyle, or other current top level programs to go coach sprint football. I could be wrong. High school football is special. Now if a D1 spot on a staff pops open that’s a little different. Combs, and Chuck Smith come to mind in the past. Now a HS coach that is kind of stuck or really hit the ceiling at a mid level type HS might leave. I know Bellarmine got their guy but I would guess there was more to it past coaching college. 

In your opinion is the DeSales job on par with schools like these/other top level programs?

1 minute ago, barrel said:

I can’t see any HS coach leaving a place like Scott Co, Franklin, Boyle, or other current top level programs to go coach sprint football. I could be wrong. High school football is special. Now if a D1 spot on a staff pops open that’s a little different. Combs, and Chuck Smith come to mind in the past. Now a HS coach that is kind of stuck or really hit the ceiling at a mid level type HS might leave. I know Bellarmine got their guy but I would guess there was more to it past coaching college. 

Money talks, and if coaching sprint football is a step closer to D1 coaching, I think many high school coaches would listen. 

1 minute ago, barrel said:

I can’t see any HS coach leaving a place like Scott Co, Franklin, Boyle, or other current top level programs to go coach sprint football. I could be wrong. High school football is special. Now if a D1 spot on a staff pops open that’s a little different. Combs, and Chuck Smith come to mind in the past. Now a HS coach that is kind of stuck or really hit the ceiling at a mid level type HS might leave. I know Bellarmine got their guy but I would guess there was more to it past coaching college. 

Well, I realize the basketball coaching job at Bellarmine is more prominent than the sprint football coaching job, but Bellarmine basketball coach Scott Davenport makes $270K a year. So even if you half that for the football program...$135K. How does that compare to whatever Scott County, Franklin County, or Boyle County football coaches make?

8 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Well, I realize the basketball coaching job at Bellarmine is more prominent than the sprint football coaching job, but Bellarmine basketball coach Scott Davenport makes $270K a year. So even if you half that for the football program...$135K. How does that compare to whatever Scott County, Franklin County, or Boyle County football coaches make?

No idea how accurate it is, but the info I found online for the average teacher with their Rank I in each of those school systems is:

Boyle County $55,728
Franklin County $50,278
Scott County $65,911

So, Boyle County for example...they list a $15K extra service stipend for the head football coach. So that means IF the head football coach has their Rank I, then they probably make roundabout $71K.

$71K figures to 26.3% of what Bellarmine pays their head basketball coach. Based on that, I'm gonna guess Bellarmine's sprint football coach has a salary that is very, very comfortably larger than anything those high schools can offer.

I get it that high school football is special. I don't disagree. But you tell me how many high school football coaches you would guess have wives that are going to sit by and say, "Oh sure, I don't see any reason that our family would benefit from you doing the same basic job and doubling (or tripling) your salary."

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.