Reds - The way I see it

26 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

What should they have done?  They addressed a major area of weakness.

C’mon guys, have you read my posts??  I’ve been on the “worst bullpen I’ve ever seen” fence all year!!!  It was a sarcastic disbelief post, like it took them long enough!!  Got me excited they finally did!!

Where did Votto find the fountain of youth??

• Like 1

Jeff Brantley just gave a fifteen minute dissertation on Hendrix's flaws, what's causing them, and what he needs to do about them to become a consistent, productive pitcher.

I've always advocated for Brantley to join the Reds coaching staff, because it is obvious that he has the best baseball mind, particularly with pitchers, in the booth, and perhaps associated with the program.

If Brantley can spell out definitively what Hendrix needs to do to be successful, WHY CAN'T THE MICHELIN MAN???

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mustang said:

Jeff Brantley just gave a fifteen minute dissertation on Hendrix's flaws, what's causing them, and what he needs to do about them to become a consistent, productive pitcher.

I've always advocated for Brantley to join the Reds coaching staff, because it is obvious that he has the best baseball mind, particularly with pitchers, in the booth, and perhaps associated with the program.

If Brantley can spell out definitively what Hendrix needs to do to be successful, WHY CAN'T THE MICHELIN MAN???

Maybe he has and Hendrix is struggling to do what he has been told.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Maybe he has and Hendrix is struggling to do what he has been told.

I believe that was part of what Brantley said.  Hendrix's flaws, Brantley explained, were mostly mental.  He gets worse the more he is stressed (that is, gets quicker with his delivery).  That causes him to lose his form and ultimately the strike zone.  Brantley believes that Hendrix has the talent, but that the mental game is huge obstacle that is difficult to fix with the buy-in of the pitcher himself.

Just now, nkypete said:

I believe that was part of what Brantley said.  Hendrix's flaws, Brantley explained, were mostly mental.  He gets worse the more he is stressed (that is, gets quicker with his delivery).  That causes him to lose his form and ultimately the strike zone.  Brantley believes that Hendrix has the talent, but that the mental game is a huge obstacle that is difficult to fix without the buy-in of the pitcher himself.

2 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

WOW!!!!  Impressive debut by Givens!!!  Wish we had these 3 guys since about game 50, we’d be in first place!!

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!!    One game in a new league, on a new team, does not a season of successful relief  results make.

Hopefully, the newbies will bring some "relief" to our beleaguered bullpen.  Let's see how they perform a week from now when our opponents get some book on him.  Wilson, on the other hand is no prize.  Getting old and career in decline.

We will hope for the best. 

• Like 1

Cincinnati did what they needed to do.  Bolster a horrid bullpen.  The only other luxury would have been another starter.   The offense is fine.   With Votto catching fire, and if the can get Castellanos back and in form, this team will continue to score runs.   They just need to hold other offenses at bay late in the game.

2 hours ago, Mustang said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!!    One game in a new league, on a new team, does not a season of successful relief  results make.

Hopefully, the newbies will bring some "relief" to our beleaguered bullpen.  Let's see how they perform a week from now when our opponents get some book on him.  Wilson, on the other hand is no prize.  Getting old and career in decline.

We will hope for the best. 

Givens is not in a new league