Looking ahead (6A) - While Trinity reloads, is the window open again for Male?

Obviously, you have to take St. X and perhaps Manual into account, but Male looks like the strongest contender for pre-season #1, while Trinity must replace nearly all of last year's all-world defensive unit, several key pieces on offense, and, of course, Bob Beatty.

With numerous starters back, including several future FBS talents on each side of the ball, 6A could be in the Dawg house in 2021.

45 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Trinity must replace nearly all of last year's all-world defensive unit, several key pieces on offense, and, of course, Bob Beatty.

This is the biggest thing to me. Trinity will never be bad but will they be the juggernaut of the Beatty era? It's hard to believe they can maintain that level of dominance. It will be a fascinating subplot of the season.

• Like 2

Look no further than to former juggernaut Highlands, they have struggled since Dale Mueller left and are hoping now to finally get back to form. Losing legendary coaches hurts programs simply by doubt of future success. Do I think Trinity will struggle like Highlands, of course not but 6A is as wide open as it can possibly be right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KY Outsider said:

Look no further than to former juggernaut Highlands, they have struggled since Dale Mueller left and are hoping now to finally get back to form. Losing legendary coaches hurts programs simply by doubt of future success. Do I think Trinity will struggle like Highlands, of course not but 6A is as wide open as it can possibly be right now.

How do you define wide open in this context?

22 minutes ago, KY Outsider said:

Do I think Trinity will struggle like Highlands, of course not but 6A is as wide open as it can possibly be right now.

I don't agree. 

The 6A champion will almost certainly still be in Louisville, and either Male or St. X.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I don't agree. 

The 6A champion will almost certainly still be in Louisville, and either Male or St. X.

This is what I am thinking (that I don't agree) but I would add T to the mix, I can't rule the Rocks out yet. 

• Like 1

Will find out early since all big 3 play each other in September. St. X will have championship level defense but will have to see on offense with returning only one starter on o-line, new RB, and new QB. Male looks good on both sides of ball. A lot of unknowns with Trinity but have very good RB with Armon Tucker. Manual loses a lot but have beast of a running back with JaWaun Northington and they get boost with Ramont Townsend reclassifying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Will find out early since all big 3 play each other in September. St. X will have championship level defense but will have to see on offense with returning only one starter on o-line, new RB, and new QB. Male looks good on both sides of ball. A lot of unknowns with Trinity but have very good RB with Armon Tucker. Manual loses a lot but have beast of a running back with JaWaun Northington and they get boost with Ramont Townsend reclassifying. 

I know I'm ready to get back to going to Louisville area football games this fall!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

I don't agree. 

Agreed. Scott County was the only 6A program in recent years to show any semblance of competitiveness at the highest level and now they’re split and both in 5A. Anyone outside of the Big Three winning this class would be a shock, but if someone besides those wins it, I’d imagine it’s another JCPS school. 

• Like 3

Male will be the clear cut preseason favorite; just too many dudes not to be. Their schedule will test them significantly more than it has in years past. 

St. X will have the defense to compete at a very high level but will need to see how the QB, OL, and RB positions play out on offense. I think the OL and RB positions will be fine, the big question mark will be of Sivori or Boone can take that position to the next level. IF St. X can figure out their QB position they can compete with Male. 

Trinity will be interesting to see for a number of treasons, but just to see how they do with out Beatty. 

Manual could be a surprise contender. They have a great RB, and I believe they have a couple of players returning for their extra year too. 

Should be a fun year for football in Louisville. 

• Like 2

Just my early thoughts.

Male is loaded and will be tough to beat for sure.

I think because of Mekhi Smith on offense and those young guys on defense that St. X will be right there. But the offense just doesn't have enough firepower for Male IMO.

I like you Guru will not count Trinity out but they have to overcome losing a lot.

It's miles to anyone else - and that includes Manual.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1