Mason County hires Kevin Bundy

1 hour ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Okay what is the deal here?  He resigned to pursue another career and a few days later is head coach at Mason County?

Another career must mean into the public school system from private. 

• Like 1

I believe Kevin is a journalist. He did a nice job at Brossart for many years on the boys and girls side in basketball and as AD. I imagine he has thought this move through thoroughly and as far as journalism, in today's media you can work from anywhere.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cincyswords said:

This while thing is very weird.

The guy is moving to Maysville to coach at a school in a basketball minded community. Is it any different than a coach coming from football rich southern Georgia to coach in NKY? I believe it was an opportunity that Kevin felt was a new "challenge"(ever hear that one lately?). I can promise you he scoped it out and knows what he's doing. 

Have I ever heard of that?   Too early on a Sunday but again it is very rare that someone resigns to pursue “other opportunities” then turns up 48 hours later as a head coach someplace else.   That’s all.    Didn’t mean to cause you stress.  

11 hours ago, cincyswords said:

Have I ever heard of that?   Too early on a Sunday but again it is very rare that someone resigns to pursue “other opportunities” then turns up 48 hours later as a head coach someplace else.   That’s all.    Didn’t mean to cause you stress.  

Trust me....you never have, never will cause me any stress lol. Just commenting.

• Like 1

Kevin knows basketball and is passionate about ensuring young people have every opportunity to play, enjoy the game, and be successful.  Hope this move works out for all parties involved, but especially the young ladies of Mason County.

For the record, not that anyone needs a geography lesson, but living in or around Alexandria and working in Maysville would hardly be a taxing endeavor.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Kevin knows basketball and is passionate about ensuring young people have every opportunity to play, enjoy the game, and be successful.  Hope this move works out for all parties involved, but especially the young ladies of Mason County.

For the record, not that anyone needs a geography lesson, but living in or around Alexandria and working in Maysville would hardly be a taxing endeavor.  

Great points TDD and I think very highly of Coach Bundy and hope it works out for everyone.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

This is very true.  I hope he does well!  

2 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Driving an hour on the AA twice a day gets very old very quick.  

3 minutes ago, brooksville said:

Driving an hour on the AA twice a day gets very old very quick.  

I think the point was that many people around the greater Cincinnati area have long commutes every day so it is a non-factor if you want something. 

• Like 1