Johnson Central - 2021 Schedule

Aug 14 vs. Ashland (Scrimmage)
Aug 20 at Henry Clay (Mingua Beef Jerky Bowl)
Aug 27 at Lexington Catholic (Bluegrass Bowl)
Sep 3 vs. Bishop Sycamore (OH)
Sep 11 vs. Cahokia (IL)
Sep 17 - BYE
Sep 24 at Danville
Oct 1 at Clay County (District)
Oct 8 at Perry County Central (District)
Oct 15 vs. Harlan County (District)
Oct 22 at Letcher County Central (District)
Oct 29 at Belfry

1579571090_JohnsonCentral.jpg.80237106afd7adebf811dc0a8f157909.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Johnson Central will be playing at Danville week 6. I’m not sure who the week 3 game is against but I do know they are looking for one more game and can play either week 4 or week 5. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

@Czar ...hearing Johnson Central is going to be hosting prep school Bishop Sycamore on September 3. Any news on that front from you?

Bishop Sycamore has a hell of a linebacker.  I saw him at NUC and he can play; very athletic.  I think his name was Myles Carter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

@Czar ...hearing Johnson Central is going to be hosting prep school Bishop Sycamore on September 3. Any news on that front from you?

Maxpreps is showing the game at Johnson Central on 9/3. Really impressive schedule from the prep school. Some really big teams on there.

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

What does the KHSAA say about playing teams that aren't a member of the state's governing high school athletic association? I looked on the OHSAA site and Bishop Sycamore is not a member (which makes sense if they're taking post-graduate students on as a prep school).

Assuming the KHSAA will have something to say if there are potentially 20 year olds on the field, especially after all the hub-bub surrounding the do-over year in Kentucky.

20 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Rumors were correct. Johnson Central hosts Bishop Sycamore on September 3rd, and hosts Cahokia, IL on September 11.

According to Calpreps:

2020 Johnson Central vs. 2020 Cahokia (IL) would have been a 34-17 win for JC.

2020 Johnson Central vs. 2020 Bishop Sycamore (OH) would have been a 38-17 win for JC.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 9:12 PM, Czar said:

Johnson Central will be playing at Danville week 6.

Is this still happening? It has been removed from the KHSAA site and now shows Johnson Central hosting TBA on September 17. Typically TBA on the site means an out-of-state team that hasn't been confirmed by the KHSAA as a member of another state association but will be soon.

10 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Is this still happening? It has been removed from the KHSAA site and now shows Johnson Central hosting TBA on September 17. Typically TBA on the sites means an out-of-state team that hasn't been confirmed by the KHSAA as a member of another state association but will be soon.

The Danville game will not be played. We have tried for months to get a contract from the people at Danville but never could get one. Danville’s head coach informed us on Monday that they have picked up another team to play on that date. I’ve heard it was Breathitt County but can’t confirm that.

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2021 at 1:41 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Per Zach Klemme of the Daily Independent: "ESPN announces Bishop Sycamore (Ohio) will play IMG Academy in Canton on Aug. 29 on ESPN."