April 15, 20215 yr Miller was apart of North Carolina's 05 national title team and played there 3 years as a walk on. From reading a Carolina board, Miller is who a lot of UNC fans wanted to replace Roy Williams instead of Davis. Sounding like this was a great hire by AD Cunningham.
April 15, 20215 yr Author 7 minutes ago, John Anthony said: A lot of people wanted Martin but this appears to be a good hire. I wanted Martin... But after doing research on Miller and his career and seeing all of the positive reviews nationally, this was a GREAT hire. He has already reached out to the players in the transfer portal and has meetings set up with them tonight. Getting Eason, Madsen, and Saunders to come back would be his first big win at UC.
April 15, 20215 yr I’m good with this. For sure. Would’ve liked Martin. But Miller is a great hire. Lots of UNC people were disappointed that he didn’t get that job.
April 15, 20215 yr I think its going to wind up being a good thing that the Bearcats didn't go the nepotism route.
April 15, 20215 yr Great hire by UC! I think he will do great there! Plus when he does great, some of our fellow UK fans can add him to the list of guys they want to replace Cal with. ? Seriously I think this was a home run hire for UC and he will get them back on track. I think he will end up being UC fans favorite coach since Huggins.
April 15, 20215 yr 12 minutes ago, John Anthony said: 6 years for 8 million, well calculated move by UC. Feels like a steal for the coach UNC should've hired.
April 15, 20215 yr 1 hour ago, HoopJunkie said: I’m good with this. For sure...But Miller is a great hire. Lots of UNC people were disappointed that he didn’t get that job. You wonder if he realized he couldn’t get the UNC job coming from a directional school and realized he needed an intermediate move to get to the highest level? Either way, I think Cincinnati absolutely got a steal right here.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.