Wes Miller Named Cincinnati's New Coach

Walter

Saw UC beat UK at Nippert several years ago. How about UC, Dayton, X, Miami, NKU, Wright State? All within an hour. Throw in IU, UK, UL, and Bellarmine and that's some great roundball in a relatively small area...as well as OSU. We're spoiled!

21 hours ago, Walter said:

This is a Wes Miller thread. If you wanna talk about John Brannen, take it to the other thread.

90% of UC fans have moved on and could care less about John Brannen. Until he is able to provide facts to support he was relieved of his duties without cause, comments like yours are nothing but speculation and opinion. An investigation was launched and the findings were verified at multiple levels. He is no longer the coach at the University of Cincinnati for a reason and it isn't because he got a raw deal.

Moving on....

Take your UC blinders off for once.  I was replying to a post in this forum where he stated Brannen had no leverage.  He obviously has plenty of leverage.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bjknku02 said:

Take your UC blinders off for once.  I was replying to a post in this forum where he stated Brannen had no leverage.  He obviously has plenty of leverage.    

No blinders here... I always call it how it is whether positive or negative in regards to UC. 

I'm just tired of the "he got a raw deal and was treated unfairly"  opinions that have no facts to back it up. UC has never once said why they relieved him of his duties (and aren't obligated to), so how do we know he got a raw deal and whether or not he has leverage in a legal battle? Nobody knows the exact details of the situation and what ultimately led to the decision.

At the end of the day, UC made a great hire with Wes Miller and that's all pretty much every UC fan cares about right now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Walter said:

No blinders here... I always call it how it is whether positive or negative in regards to UC. 

I'm just tired of the "he got a raw deal and was treated unfairly"  opinions that have no facts to back it up. UC has never once said why they relieved him of his duties (and aren't obligated to), so how do we know he got a raw deal and whether or not he has leverage in a legal battle? Nobody knows the exact details of the situation and what ultimately led to the decision.

At the end of the day, UC made a great hire with Wes Miller and that's all pretty much every UC fan cares about right now. 

Sure hope the new guy keeps the players happy and does everything to accommodate them. I guess if you opted out that allows you to play, transfer, get an extra season of eligibility, be immediately eligible at new school, etc.? A new world order for college athletics is on the horizon....and it most definitely is player driven. Wait until the payments for use of one's likeness begin....there will definitely be some "hurt feelings" over that one! I guess players will have "representatives"(agents) to negotiate for them? If you say this is not part of this thread....WRONG. This situation that occured whether justified or not is just the beginning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walter said:

That 6 year deal is good for Coach Miller. He'll have a full squad next year, should win 20+, so I guess they'll roll it over for a year at a time with salary increases. 

8 hours ago, 9068 said:

That 6 year deal is good for Coach Miller. He'll have a full squad next year, should win 20+, so I guess they'll roll it over for a year at a time with salary increases. 

The annual staff pool of $1.3 mil is what jumped out to me... Brannen's annual pool/budget was $1.15 mil.

• Like 1

It was mentioned on another board and podcast that Roy Williams became a UCats donor and season ticket holder when Wes got the job. Pretty cool that Roy is that close to a former player that he would buy season tickets and make it a point to attend games in support. 

• Like 3