UK accidentally sent out 500k acceptances ...

Runcible Owl

... for a program that typically only accepts 35 to 40 students.

"An error in the school's customer relationship management tool resulted in accidental acceptances to the university's selective Clinical Leadership and Management program."

I think they should have to take them all. Them's the rules. 

https://news.yahoo.com/university-kentucky-accidentally-sent-500-013950963.html

tenor_(13).gif

To be honest, if you haven't heard of the University of Kentucky, I think that says more about the person.  How many states don't have a university named for the state (be it University of {State} or {State} University)?  Louisiana is one of the few I know of, and that's despite UL Lafayette desperately trying to co-opt it. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

To be honest, if you haven't heard of the University of Kentucky, I think that says more about the person.  How many states don't have a university named for the state (be it University of {State} or {State} University)?  Louisiana is one of the few I know of, and that's despite UL Lafayette desperately trying to co-opt it. 

Yeah, it's a pretty safe assumption for every state. 

2 hours ago, DragonFire said:

That may have been the problem.  To an "outsider" or someone that doesn't follow sports, I could potentially see where they might wonder which one it is.  I mean, someone may hear Kentucky, but not necessarily know if it's the University of Kentucky or Kentucky University.  Especially with scammers the way they are these days, I can see there being a seed of doubt.