Open Job: Trigg County

54 minutes ago, The Flea Market said:

Could be one of the best jobs in Western Kentucky. Hope they pick soon as Spring Practice is coming up soon. 

I don’t know much about the job. What makes it one of the best in western Kentucky?

1 hour ago, The Flea Market said:

Could be one of the best jobs in Western Kentucky. Hope they pick soon as Spring Practice is coming up soon. 

I would disagree just a bit.

The Wildcats in 2020 won 3 games to teams that went a combined 2-17. In 2019, they went 6-5 with one of the better classes they have had in recent memory.  In 2018, they were 5-6.  

I think Trigg County has some good athletes, but the program is not what it used to be. Having Paducah Tilghman and Union in their district makes them a team fighting for second/third place, at best. 

I think whomever steps in, is going to have to build from the ground up. A lot of support and patience is going to be needed; winning may take some time.  Good luck to the Wildcats and their search!

The move up to Class 3A has kicked Trigg in the tail.  One playoff win in 10 years.

The first thing they have to do is figure out the defensive philosophy.  They can't keep giving up 40 points a game to everyone and 60 points to Tilghman every year. 

The pieces are in place but the new coach needs to get the right people in the right positions

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

They’re not getting The Old Ball Coach. More than likely it will be someone already on staff or maybe a first time HC. Peach kind of landed in their lap. It’s a step down or a lateral move for most coaching. 

On 4/2/2021 at 12:45 PM, FB Head said:

I would disagree just a bit.

The Wildcats in 2020 won 3 games to teams that went a combined 2-17. In 2019, they went 6-5 with one of the better classes they have had in recent memory.  In 2018, they were 5-6.  

I think Trigg County has some good athletes, but the program is not what it used to be. Having Paducah Tilghman and Union in their district makes them a team fighting for second/third place, at best. 

I think whomever steps in, is going to have to build from the ground up. A lot of support and patience is going to be needed; winning may take some time.  Good luck to the Wildcats and their search!

Maybe they shouldn’t have fired the Coach that consistently won 5 to 6 games with what is perceived to be “bad talent” ? Or was this bad talent only there during Coach Peaches year? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The former coach had some really good years. It was real strange the timing of  him being let go. He was a local boy who had been with them for several years and did a good job. I bet if they could get a do over they would not have let him go as the grass was not greener on the other side on this hire?

1 hour ago, The Flea Market said:

The former coach had some really good years. It was real strange the timing of  him being let go. He was a local boy who had been with them for several years and did a good job. I bet if they could get a do over they would not have let him go as the grass was not greener on the other side on this hire?

I wouldn’t say the former coach had and really good years unless we have different meanings of really good years. They were an average program then & an average to below average program now. 

27 minutes ago, The Flea Market said:

How about doing the best he could with what he had? I don’t think Nick Saben could have done much better?

Agree with this!!

Sounds like some jealousy or sour grapes from WKY guy?

answer this , if the coach B4 was average at best then why did the great savior this year only win 3 games???

and bolt soon as he could??  

10 minutes ago, CoachHB said:

Agree with this!!

Sounds like some jealousy or sour grapes from WKY guy?

answer this , if the coach B4 was average at best then why did the great savior this year only win 3 games???

and bolt soon as he could??  

Average coaches have won state titles before. Why so defensive? A lot of head coaches would be ok with average especially the disparity between the haves and the have nots in Kentucky. 

6 hours ago, The Flea Market said:

I’ve seen coaches who win get let go. It could’ve been a culture thing that we don’t know about. Sometimes you stay at places to long no matter of when or lose all coaches have a clock. Also when you go back and look at some of those 5 or 6 wins and look at the competition you would see why they probably wanted a change.