Open Job: Trigg County

1 hour ago, CoachHB said:

Agree with this!!

Sounds like some jealousy or sour grapes from WKY guy?

answer this , if the coach B4 was average at best then why did the great savior this year only win 3 games???

and bolt soon as he could??  

Well "the savior" definitely upped his pay. Can't blame him on that one. 

To get back on topic I am wondering out loud why Trigg doesn't ask Marty Jaggers to take over the program (if he would have any interest). I guarantee you he would get things going. Also, it is fun to watch his teams play power football. He is one of the best at it. 

4 hours ago, The Flea Market said:

I don’t think he has any interest in returning to the sidelines unless it would to help out his son. They would be a great fit and they could bring Joe back as a consultant!!! That would be a great Hall of Fame staff! Is Joe living on Barkley lake? 

That would be a top notch deal. Josh does a very good job at Larue. I think Trigg would have to have some other things to offer besides just being the football coach. Working with his dad might be a big incentive?  

What about Steve Lovelace???  maybe he stepped down a bit early at County?  This could be a chance for him to get back on the sidelines???  Or could he be heading to Hoptown to patrol the sidelines with Clayton to take the reins when he retires???

Only time or the great prognosticators of BluegrassPreps will know!!!

Josh Jaggers aint going nowhere.......Joe is having health problems and  I am not sure where Marty is.......Is Marty Jaggers still the AD at trigg????

• 3 weeks later...

Well Steve Lovelace....aka head is headed to be the DC at Paducah T.  whats the word on the street in cadiz, since Christian County made their hire...who is left sniffing around the wild cats?  Will the Madisonville job opening up impact the hiring here??

11 hours ago, Stepchild68 said:

Well Steve Lovelace....aka head is headed to be the DC at Paducah T.  whats the word on the street in cadiz, since Christian County made their hire...who is left sniffing around the wild cats?  Will the Madisonville job opening up impact the hiring here??

When you look at the pay for the Trigg and Madisonville jobs they aren't exactly great.  Its not even the coaching stipend that is poor but the teaching pay.  There are a lot of coordinators out there that would be taking a substantial pay cut to take either of these jobs.  Both jobs I believe are good jobs and are excellent landing spots for a coordinator looking for that 1st opportunity but getting somebody who works for a larger school system that pays better to take them will be tough.  At the end of the day money talks and when a guy talks to his wife and says "Honey I want to apply for this job but its going to be a $6,000 pay cut." I can probably tell you what the answer might be. 

47 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

When you look at the pay for the Trigg and Madisonville jobs they aren't exactly great.  Its not even the coaching stipend that is poor but the teaching pay.  There are a lot of coordinators out there that would be taking a substantial pay cut to take either of these jobs.  Both jobs I believe are good jobs and are excellent landing spots for a coordinator looking for that 1st opportunity but getting somebody who works for a larger school system that pays better to take them will be tough.  At the end of the day money talks and when a guy talks to his wife and says "Honey I want to apply for this job but its going to be a $6,000 pay cut." I can probably tell you what the answer might be. 

Trigg Co's Teacher pay is better than Both Hopkins Co & Christian Co schools . I have no idea on the Coaching Stipends but im sure they are at least equal since their teacher pay is better? 

1 hour ago, CoachHB said:

Trigg Co's Teacher pay is better than Both Hopkins Co & Christian Co schools . I have no idea on the Coaching Stipends but im sure they are at least equal since their teacher pay is better? 

Hopkins County teacher pay is really low but Madisonville has a higher coaching stipend than Trigg Co so it makes them close to even.  My point is not many guys are going to be willing to move their family and take a pay cut for either of these jobs.  Especially if their wife is a teacher as well and her district is paying more than these two jobs cause then you are losing even more money.

No one has stayed in coaching at Madisonville very long the last few hires? I wonder why this is?  Trigg and Madisonville are both in a tough district. Hopkins Central has success last year with a Middle school coach so I guess experience right now is not a plus???