Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic vs. St. Henry Predictions/Updates (9th Region)

Featured Replies

St. Henry: #4 BluegrassPreps, #2 Kentucky AP Coaches Poll

Cov Cath: #2 BluegrassPreps, #3 Kentucky AP Coaches Poll

  • Replies 121
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I am told from my senior son at CCH that the school requested the move so more students can attend.  I also understand that the allotment of tickets sent to both schools was sold out in about 20 minut

  • Runcible Owl
    Runcible Owl

    Prediction comin' in hottsss!

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

Posted Images

I think Covington Catholic wins, but if St. Henry can keep it close then will have a shot to win. This game is exhibit one why I don’t like draws. Shouldn’t be a first round game.

45 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

St. Henry: #4 BluegrassPreps, #2 Kentucky AP Coaches Poll

Cov Cath: #2 BluegrassPreps, #3 Kentucky AP Coaches Poll

MaxPreps (updated 3/18/21) has CovCath #1 and St. Henry #4. 

No matter how you look at it, these are 2 of the best teams in the state. Looking forward to the game!

On 3/20/2021 at 4:25 PM, bjknku02 said:

All good questions.  Unless it is about money, I am not sure why CCH would agree to the change.

I am told from my senior son at CCH that the school requested the move so more students can attend.  I also understand that the allotment of tickets sent to both schools was sold out in about 20 minutes for both teams.  I believe this was the right move by CCH.   This will allow for a loud exciting venue for the players to play in with the most people possible.  The players/students need this.  The seniors for both teams deserve this as this year has been no where near a normal year for them.  The atmosphere will be charged with two of the best teams in the state squaring off in the first round of the regional tournament with two of the best student cheering sections "bringing the noise". I am excited for this game to happen and applaud CCH for requesting the move.  Unfortunately, these teams will not be meeting in the finals and even more so one of these teams' season will end tonight.  I am thankful for all of the efforts put forth to make this happen and wish the winner to bring home a state title.

1 hour ago, UKato91 said:

I am told from my senior son at CCH that the school requested the move so more students can attend.  I also understand that the allotment of tickets sent to both schools was sold out in about 20 minutes for both teams.  I believe this was the right move by CCH.   This will allow for a loud exciting venue for the players to play in with the most people possible.  The players/students need this.  The seniors for both teams deserve this as this year has been no where near a normal year for them.  The atmosphere will be charged with two of the best teams in the state squaring off in the first round of the regional tournament with two of the best student cheering sections "bringing the noise". I am excited for this game to happen and applaud CCH for requesting the move.  Unfortunately, these teams will not be meeting in the finals and even more so one of these teams' season will end tonight.  I am thankful for all of the efforts put forth to make this happen and wish the winner to bring home a state title.

Great post @UKato91! I completely completely agree with you.

I've got a nephew who is a freshman at Cov Cath, and the district tournament was the first time in all of high school that he had the opportunity to attend one of their games because of all the COVID protocols. I'm not here to make any kind of statement about all of that, but I really think this call was the right one to make for the administrators at Cov Cath. Home team advantage would have been a great thing, of course (you need only look at the final score from the last game at St. Henry to understand that), but I think having the students from both schools having the opportunity to attend, and having the players on both teams get to actually play in front of their cheering classmates is much more important here than home team advantage.

I may tune in to this one. 

Wilson for CCH is not a sophomore, he’s a junior. If someone could let the great CCH announcers know? 

Just now, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

St. Henry definitely set the pace for the first quarter. The Cru leads Cov Cath 13-8 after 1Q.

Cov Cath definitely was on their heels...they looked rushed and messy. St. Henry looked cool as a cucumber and in charge.

4 minutes ago, Thursdays child said:

Wilson for CCH is not a sophomore, he’s a junior. If someone could let the great CCH announcers know? 

Done.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.