Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris Mack Fires Two Assistants

Featured Replies

Luke Murray and Dino Gaudio contracts will not be renewed. 

Rumors out there that he is making room for John Brannen to come join him. 

  • Author
13 minutes ago, Walter said:

Rumors out there that he is making room for John Brannen to come join him. 

Not sure how I feel about that considering what we've been discussing with UC. 

6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Not sure how I feel about that considering what we've been discussing with UC. 

Just speculation. Saw it in a barstool article of all places so take it FWIW.

There's no cause (right now) for UC to fire him so I don't see him stepping down to take an assistant job.

If something does happen between him and UC I don't think he would be a bad assistant or addition for Mack's staff. He is a pretty good X and O guy. I just don't think he's a very good leader which makes him a poor choice for head coach. (IMO, of course)

 

  • Author

I'm pretty confident in saying Brannen isn't coming to Louisville. 

I can see not bringing Gaudio back.   He was nice to have on staff for the first few seasons.  Coming off the disaster that was the end of the Pitino era, having another guy with head coaching experience on the bench was a good idea.  Another set of eyes to monitor things.  But Chris has established himself there, and can handle things on his own, I hope.

Not sure on Murray.  He seemed like a Mack guy, and I don't remember ever hearing anything negative about him.

Head coaches change staff when it's no longer working for them or the assistant. Dino is about to the end of his career. Murray will wind up somewhere because of the places he worked. Good luck to both. Moves like this are a hazard of the job.

11 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Head coaches change staff when it's no longer working for them or the assistant. Dino is about to the end of his career. Murray will wind up somewhere because of the places he worked. Good luck to both. Moves like this are a hazard of the job.

The Gaudio one was somewhat expected. He was always temporary. Murray is odd. Something happened. He’s well know as a young up and comer, and being mentioned for several small D1 jobs. He’s also a Xavier holdover, that Mack has often gone out of his way to speak positively about. 

  • Author
19 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

Did you expect this, Deuce?

Mack is probably feeling the (unwarranted) heat from a portion of the fan base, so it doesn’t surprise me in the least. There are definitely some things that concern me about the three teams he’s had so far at UofL, but I don’t know if firing these two guys solves any of it.

Was Murray or Mack the lead on this one? I remember being disappointed when he chose UL over UC. 

 

16 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Did I read that 2 recruits want out of their LOI? 

Pettiford and Van Der Heijden

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.