Chris Mack Fires Two Assistants

TheDeuce

Per Jody Demling:

Veteran assistant coach Dino Gaudio is no longer on the University of Louisville basketball staff.

U of L coach Chris Mack is set to replace Gaudio, according to multiple sources, after he spent the last three seasons on Mack's staff with the Cardinals.

Mack has opted not to renew the contracts of two assistant coaches, but according to a school spokesman the school is not naming those coaches and calling it an "internal personnel matter." Cardinal Authority has confirmed that Gaudio and assistant Luke Murray are the two being replaced.

Dino Gaudio - a name from my distant past.

During the 80;s, Todd Kofler was the head coach at Brossart.  His brother Terry was the trainer at Xavier, and we spent hours each week, sitting in on Xavier practice, or in the "Cave" at Schmitt Fieldhouse with Gaudio, Skip Prosser, and either Bob Staak (not so much) and Pete Gillen (all the time) or eating pizza, watching hoops and having a good time at Sorrento's with Willie DeLuca in Norwood.  I didn't realize at the time that I was in the presence of future greatness. One night Rollie Massimino joined us. 

Wow, the memories.  Ok, back to the topic at hand.

• Thanks 1