Open Job: Christian County

4 hours ago, The Scribe said:

Soccer team had one win.  Football team had one win. Basketball team had no wins.

Rough talent cycle going on right now. 

How does student allotment work with Christian County and Hopkinsville. Are there strict boundaries or open enrollment?

Wish Coach Lovelace the best moving on!  I think it's a good time for County to start from scratch and get someone in there with some energy to generate some swagger again.

They are in a tough district with BG and South, so the powers at be need to understand that and give support to the new coach and coaching staff.  I can remember not too long ago the BG vs County game was one I looked forward to as it was going to be tough to win, but not right now.  Hope Christian County can start to build here.

I’d say the front-runners for this position from the rumor mill:

Mark Peach HC Trigg County

Rusty Goble AC Trigg County

Darell Keith HC Clinton (TN)

Coby Lewis AC Hopkinsville (Ex Trigg HC

Josh Robins HC Todd Central

Jonathan Smith Ex Paducah HC. 

Cary Fowler Ex Warren Central HC.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

You left a big one out. The Defensive Coordinator at Hoptown. Dustin Lopez is a proven DC that kids love to play for and be around. I don't know if he will apply or not, but he would be my front runner. He has been doing Head Coach duties for almost 4 1/2 years now. He deserves to have his name next to the HC Title. If he were to get the Christian County Gig I believe that he would have that program going in the right direction. 

5 hours ago, WKY_Football said:

Doubt peach would leave Trigg in just 1 year. Doubt Gobel would go back. Keith is in a good situation as far as resources. Lewis and smith have a good shot. Robins and Fowler IMO would need more wins for a job like this.

41 minutes ago, Footballmania said:

Doubt peach would leave Trigg in just 1 year. Doubt Gobel would go back. Keith is in a good situation as far as resources. Lewis and smith have a good shot. Robins and Fowler IMO would need more wins for a job like this.

I could see Lewis waiting on the Hoptown job to come open though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Robins got run out at Ft Campbell or walked out on them. Don’t think he needs to waste the time to fill out an application! Paducah coach would be a good hire if he wants to move. I hear Steve Duncan and former Ft Campbell Coach Berner have been contacted to see if they have any interest,.

4 hours ago, The Flea Market said:

Robins got run out at Ft Campbell or walked out on them. Don’t think he needs to waste the time to fill out an application! Paducah coach would be a good hire if he wants to move. I hear Steve Duncan and former Ft Campbell Coach Berner have been contacted to see if they have any interest,.

Duncan is like a wishbone guy, and with the pure athleticism you have at Christian county, I don’t think that would be a good fit.