Pitino takes Iona to NCAA Tourney in first season

16thBBall Fan

1 hour ago, ColonelMike said:

Regardless of all people think of Rick - both the good and the bad - most agree, the man can coach.   Congrats to Rick and Iona.   Great achievement - especially if you are familiar with Iona's difficulties that they had to surmount this year.

I am happy for Pitino. He made mistakes but he has been treated much more severely than other coaches who did the same things he did. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Goodman is a clown.

Sadly, that is what journalism is today. It's actually kind of a profound point, but in today's world journalists self-judge their worth and product based upon how many likes, retweets, or rabble rousing they can cause in 140 characters or less.

On 3/13/2021 at 6:10 PM, futurecoach said:

Not surprised at all. A P5 program or better program will come calling willing to give him one more shot soon enough. I’m not a UC fan but I think if their new coach doesn’t work out by next year, and Pitino is still at Iona. I think UC would be a great place for him and UC. 

You think so? Rick is approaching 70 years of age so maybe a school looking to make a splash at the P5 level, but I don't see a major school giving Rick a call.

When it comes to coaching college hoops, dude is a legend.

8 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Sadly, that is what journalism is today. It's actually kind of a profound point, but in today's world journalists self-judge their worth and product based upon how many likes, retweets, or rabble rousing they can cause in 140 characters or less.

Definitely true.  He's one of the few that I refuse to every give a click to.  Trying to do my part.

1 minute ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Definitely true.  He's one of the few that I refuse to every give a click to.  Trying to do my part.

In fairness to Goodman, he is just playing the game. Now maybe his "factoid" is part of a larger story he is doing (unlikely), but my assumption is Goodman submitted that tweet and sat on his phone for 45 minutes thereafter hitting refresh like a teenager.

14 hours ago, bugatti said:

You think so? Rick is approaching 70 years of age so maybe a school looking to make a splash at the P5 level, but I don't see a major school giving Rick a call.

When it comes to coaching college hoops, dude is a legend.

Honestly, I think it would be great for UC. With what Fickell is doing for the football program. Even if they only get five years out of Pitino before he retires. He would get UC winning, and bring much attention to them. Which would help them in getting a move into a P5 conference with both the football and basketball program having success and attention.