Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Team in the 9th Region in 2007

Featured Replies

Any opinions on the best team in the 9th region?

  • Replies 63
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the top of my head, Ryle would have to be the favorite to start the season.

Off the top of my head, Ryle would have to be the favorite to start the season.

 

I would agree that they deserve the nod at this point.

I would have to say Ryle will be the preseason favorite. Doesn't mean they will win the Region though, it's a little different being the Team with the target on your back. How they respond to that pressure will be interesting.

 

Would have to say CCH and HC will be in the top three as well. Not real sure after that, but there may be a few surprise Teams in 2007 as well.

Ryle and CovCath have it all in terms of talent. Every position has a talented player and a solid back-up. I give the edge to CCH in coaching, (no offense whatsoever to Coach Roessel, a fine coach himself, but Coach K is the best in our area in my opinion) and the edge to Ryle in terms of experience. Holy Cross has a tradition of fielding strong contenders and this year will be no exception. They are very, very solid. Do not count out Beechwood my friends. They have enough talent and good coaching to make a run at anybody come tournament time. I think NewCath will reload but has a alot of holes to fill with high graduation last year. I think you've got to watch Conner and Boone every year as well as St. Henry.

Ryle's loaded.

Any idea what Dixie looks like this coming season?

Ryle's loaded.

Any idea what Dixie looks like this coming season?

 

Dixie lost alot and they are left just with only, to my knowledge, one player with Varsity experience/playing time who is Matt Nichols. However he alone won't be able to carry them this year. Dixie will have a much better team next year than they will have this year but you never know, they could surprise us all....

Here is my top 5 for the 9th Region:

 

1. Ryle

2. Holy Cross

3. St. Henry

4. Cov Cath

5. Beechwood/Boone County

1-Ryle

2-Holy Cross

3-St Henry

4-Beechwood

5-Cov Cath

 

Now, the way the post season is set up when all you have to do is qualify I feel that Ryle and St Henry will play the Districts (unless Boone knocks St. Hanks out of it) and Holy Cross will play whoever survives the Beechwood CCH match up. I think it will be Ryle & Holy Cross to see who makes it out of Northern Kentucky.

Dixie lost alot and they are left just with only, to my knowledge, one player with Varsity experience/playing time who is Matt Nichols. However he alone won't be able to carry them this year. Dixie will have a much better team next year than they will have this year but you never know, they could surprise us all....

 

From talking with some Dixie parents, I've learned that Dixie has an exceptional senior outfielder that was unable to play last year due to transfer ineligibility. Could see this team turning some heads without a doubt.

 

I'll have to follow the trends though:

1. Ryle

2. St. Henry

3. Cov Cath

4. Holy Cross

5. Tossup

Ryle and Cov Cath are front runners, my sleeper if you wanna call them that will be Conner.

Ryle and Cov Cath are front runners, my sleeper if you wanna call them that will be Conner.

 

I wouldn't say that CovCath is a front runner even with that great sophomore class they have. Since they will be a young team this year, they probably will be streaky to some degree. I'd go with the more experinced teams at least for right now.

From talking with some Dixie parents, I've learned that Dixie has an exceptional senior outfielder that was unable to play last year due to transfer ineligibility.

 

Who is he?

I wouldn't say that CovCath is a front runner even with that great sophomore class they have. Since they will be a young team this year, they probably will be streaky to some degree. I'd go with the more experinced teams at least for right now.

 

I'd hav to agree. The colonols will be able to beat any team with the talent of their sophomore class and guys like Bleser and Popham mixed in but because of their inexperience there is a chance they could lose to anyone so I'm not entirely sold on them yet. The experience that teams like Ryle and Holy Cross hav is just gaudy. I know Holy Cross will be starting 5 seniors this year that started as sophomores (The top 5 hitters in their lineup last year), and from what i gather Ryle is in a similar situation. So I'd say give CovCath a little time to mature before we load on the expectations, and for right now Ryle is #1 followed very closely by HC imo

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.